Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Non alcoholic champagne

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:clap2::clap2::clap2:The FA has confirmed it will only issue non alcoholic champagne at its events as means of celebration so as not to offend cultures where drinking is prohibited and to be inclusive with under 18 age groups.

Another step into the 21st century for this former dinosaur organisation.

:clap2:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
:clap2::clap2::clap2:The FA has confirmed it will only issue non alcoholic champagne at its events as means of celebration so as not to offend cultures where drinking is prohibited and to be inclusive with under 18 age groups.

Well that rules Ron Atkinson out as well, given he qualifies for some of the above!

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Not wishing to be a pedant but anything calling itself Champagne has strict rules to follow which I would imagine include the fermentation process, therefore all Champagne by definition is alcoholic isn't it?

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Absolute ***** this lot.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Before anyone starts crying PC gone mad, this only applies to the champagne used in winning celebrations, where the champagne is sprayed on each other rather than actually consumed.

Are you saying it is being sprayed with alchohol that is against some religious groups rather than the drinking !!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Are you saying it is being sprayed with alchohol that is against some religious groups rather than the drinking !!!

I’m sure if someone is prohibited from drinking alcohol by religion do they want it sprayed on them running the risk of accidentally consuming it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Not wishing to be a pedant but anything calling itself Champagne has strict rules to follow which I would imagine include the fermentation process, therefore all Champagne by definition is alcoholic isn't it?

Some brewers of non alch beers used to take the alcohol out by centrifugal force

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a load of pc bollocks, or is it money saving bolocks?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Non alcoholic Champagne offends me :annoyed:

Quite right as well. I mean who in their right mind would drink that s..hit if it didn’t get you pissed.

‘Oh yes, one can taste the Pinot Noir busting through that Chardonnay, what it’s not alcoholic ? ... fuucking bin it then’

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
:rolleyes: no one is forcing them to drink, it is PC nonsense.
Why should the governing body be obliged to supply alcohol to the winners? Seems a strange quirk.

They aren't preventing the victors from bringing their own in are they?

Its made the game ever so slightly more inclusive. There is no downside here.

As an aside, I think peter crouch mentioned in his podcast that the champagne magnum he was awarded as MoM was actually filled with beer as the match was sponsored by carling.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Before anyone starts crying PC gone mad, this only applies to the champagne used in winning celebrations, where the champagne is sprayed on each other rather than actually consumed.
Then it's certainly not going to be Champagne is it. It's just a fizzy liquid for spraying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They want to get with the times, and luzz a ludicrously expensive barrel aged double IPA with a silly name around.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Champagne has to be alcoholic otherwise there's no point. Plus you can't replicate the taste, sensation or feeling drinking some nasty non alcoholic version.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sorry I should have clarified, it will be halal sparkling grape juice rather than non alcoholic Champagne.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good idea and hope this extends to other sports. Always awkward in cricket seeing the likes of Moeen Ali having to leave the celebrations when they start spraying champagne around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here