Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] It’s a bit blowy in Worthing!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was in Worthing on Sunday, and while I didn’t see anyone having sex in the street I was shocked by the number of rough sleepers, it seems to have reached epidemic proportions.

I noticed that when I was there doing some Christmas shopping last year.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
One angry resident said the town had turned into a "hole".

He said: "Now we have people having sex in the town centre of Worthing. My home town has turned into a complete hole compared to a few years ago."

By a few years I am guessing he means 20+

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One angry resident said the town had turned into a "hole".

He said: "Now we have people having sex in the town centre of Worthing. My home town has turned into a complete hole compared to a few years ago."

By a few years I am guessing he means 20+

Worthing is far from a hole. I rather like the town. Prefer shopping there than Brighton. Got good pubs, bars and restaurants and a lovely stretch of beach.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I very rarely go into Worthing these days but on the odd occasion I am shocked at how bad it has become. An awful lot of drunken "street people" about. It just feels very chavvy.

Prefer to go shopping in Chichester, Horsham or even Brighton.

It is bloody dreadful.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I very rarely go into Worthing these days but on the odd occasion I am shocked at how bad it has become. An awful lot of drunken "street people" about. It just feels very chavvy.

It is bloody dreadful.

Because Brighton is a pristine oasis of cleanliness

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Direct result of costs to services and police cuts and despite what the Tories claim, also down to rising unemployment (yes, don’t believe what you have read, govnmt figures are false and misrepresentative). More people on the streets, less police = loss of control over public spaces.

This is Tory England.

this is sadly true.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not been back to Worthing since studying at Northbrook College in the mid 90's...going by some of the sights I saw as a student, it doesn't seem to have changed much! But back then I was very, very drunk.

_42899121_fastshowrowleybirkin270.jpg

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam

It is bloody dreadful.

I have lived in Worthing all my life, I rarely venture into town these days but did yesterday.

The town appears to have been overrun with homeless, drug addicts and Eastern European’s.

The town is definitely not what it used to be, is this a reflection of changing Britain in general finally affecting the more affluent areas of the country.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In 10-15 years these once lovely Sussex towns Worthing , Shoreham etc will be ghettos blocked in by 10 storey blocks of flats, overrun with professional beggars and drunks, surrounded by half finished building projects occupied by commuters.
Which make no mistake, is exactly what the Tory government wants.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
More filthy behaviour

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17599359.woman-bares-bum-in-park-as-bad-behaviour-plagues-worthing/

Direct result of cuts to services and police cuts and despite what the Tories claim, also down to rising unemployment (yes, don’t believe what you have read, govnmt figures are false and misrepresentative). More people on the streets, less police = loss of control over public spaces.

This is Tory England.

It would be disingenuous to directly link the Tory-controlled council with anti-social behaviour. Exeter has 29 Labour councillors out of about 40 seats. There is a similar problem in parts of this otherwise fine city. They're planning on closing the majority of public WCs here (cost savings, apparently), which poses the interesting problem of where the homeless folks are going to go now. They're also closing the police station close to the city centre, so the main response station will soon be a couple of miles out of town.

It's a central government issue... so perhaps you have a point :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seaside towns have long been a little bit shabby around the edges, haven't they? It was a story in the news a couple of weeks or so ago.

Worthing seems to have been hit by the Brighton ripple, for both good and bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here