Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Saturday v The Toon

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Every time AJ has played poorly, his supporters have come on NSC, stating it is as a result of Knockaert:

- not passing to him;
- taking set pieces;
- running into AJ’s space;
- not being willing to rotate wings during the game;
- starting in AJ’s position;
- not liking AJ.....

I think I’ve captured most of the excuses and anti-Knockaert rhetoric that have been stated....

Just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only problem with Knockhaert is all the crowd and opposition know he will run down wing and cut inside. Therefore easy to mark out of game. Unless he is willing to go on outside sometimes and also try and get in box not worth playing

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Yes, and whilst I think he has been poor and has a lot to prove, I honestly believe he’ll turn it round.

He came late to pre-season training, had to hit the ground running at a much higher and intense level. Then picked up an injury, then lost further momentum by having to play in the Asia cup. Now is having to play catch up in a struggling team.

Really not an easy start IMO.

Completely agree! Plus coming off the World Cup with little to no rest. I don't remember which game it was but recently I saw bandaging and a brace on Izzy's knee and lots of bandaging on Ali J's right or left leg, idk which one but I wouldn't be shocked if he is also somewhat injured.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Only problem with Knockhaert is all the crowd and opposition know he will run down wing and cut inside. Therefore easy to mark out of game. Unless he is willing to go on outside sometimes and also try and get in box not worth playing

Yes, and until Montoya learns to overlap like Bruno, the space Knockaert creates is completely wasted.

No different to Izquierdo and Solly though in reality (possibly Solly to a lesser extent recently).

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I thought last night's starting XI was basically some of the obvious ones + those who would not be starting on Saturday so assumed the following:

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Gross

Murray

With hindsight, I am now unsure. I think this is the toughest selection CH has to make all season. It could be either of the fullbacks on both sides. Kayal or Bissouma? Pascal Gross in a central MF 3 or as a '10' or not selected at all? Murray or Andone? Knockaert straight back in or sub? I can genuinely say the only players I couldn't omit in the circumstances are Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Stephens and March. I am sure many of you will disagree even with the last two named. Quandary innit.
Not much of a quandary for me. My only doubt over that lineup is Knocky but I see no one else better, especially with Bruno behind him. A chance for the side that should have won the Championship to prove a point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here