Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Saturday v The Toon

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I thought last night's starting XI was basically some of the obvious ones + those who would not be starting on Saturday so assumed the following:

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Gross

Murray

With hindsight, I am now unsure. I think this is the toughest selection CH has to make all season. It could be either of the fullbacks on both sides. Kayal or Bissouma? Pascal Gross in a central MF 3 or as a '10' or not selected at all? Murray or Andone? Knockaert straight back in or sub? I can genuinely say the only players I couldn't omit in the circumstances are Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Stephens and March. I am sure many of you will disagree even with the last two named. Quandary innit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray FFS

NO,

In yesterday’s online Argus CH told Kayal to grab his chance and then played him for just a few minutes, WTF :rolleyes:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Unfortunately he didnt as he took a ridiculous long range shot in the last few minutes giving them possession which culminated in them scoring.

agree he perhaps should have done more, gone in the box fell down/scored but I don't think you can say the goal was his fault though.... in between times he had got back and made a tackle ...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The whole point of him changing the team for last night was so that players are fresh on Saturday ready to run like they're lives depended on it. Stephens said they left nothing out there and all were tired, so can't see the same team again.

Yes he has done wrong and left us in the shite against Bournemouth but I would have Knocky back in the team.

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

March
Stephens
Kayal
Knocky

Gross
Murray

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Same starting XI as last night with Murray, March and Knockaert on the bench if goals are needed and Bong Burns and Kayal if not.

What did Locadia do to justify starting ahead of March? Amidst the dreck of recent performances, March has looked our most competent attacking player.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Stephens
March Bissouma AK
Murray Andone

possibly Bruno for Montoya if fit. Some tactical changes before 50 mins if things are not going well.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Cast iron certainties in my view will be:
Ryan
Dunk
Duffy
Stephens

That's a tad disappointing that as many as 7 positions are up for grabs!
That is a reflection of how poorly the whole squad has been performing since Xmas.

It's a risk, but we have to win, so personally I would start with both Andone and Knockheart, even though we could end up playing with 9 men if the ref is in a bad mood!

I think I'd prefer Bruno and Bernardo, although I won't be gutted if Montoya and/or Bong start.

That leaves 3 'midfield' spots to fill.

Nobody has shown any inclination to take on the 'playmaker' role this season, so I'm opting for Gross to play that position and hope he gets back to last year's best.
I'd play Solly March on the other wing to Knocky, which just leaves the other central position to fill.

Up until last night I would have chosen Kayal, but Bissouma had a very good game against Spurs, and although he's always got a potential catastrophic mistake in his game, he's clearly a far more dangerous player going forwards than KK, so he would be my final choice.

So ............

Ryan

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernardo

March Stephens Bissouma Knockheart

Gross
Andone

Subs: (feck it, lets go for it)
Button
Murray
Kayal
Ali J
Izzy
Locadia
Gyokeres
Connolly (recall him)
Mitrovic (sign him)
Maupay (him too)

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I would make 1 change to the line up as at Spurs , obviously dependant on injuries with a slight change to formation , lets drop the 4-3-3 (4-5-1 in reality) in favour of 4-4-1-1. Yeah I know it wont happen as CH seems convinced 4-3-3 is a more modern system.

.................Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernado
Ali J Stephens Bissouma Izzy
..............Gross
............Andone

Subs Button , Burn , Bong , Kayal , Sanders , Locadia , Murray

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Please:

Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Bissouma
March

Groß

Murray

Get the wide players and Groß closer to Glenn when attacking. Don’t want to see Locadia on the wing. I’d assume Bruno and Bong will rotate back in after their excellent performances at Wolves.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
All opinions isn’t it!!
On the train back last night I was talking to some spurs fans and they all commented that our left back looked decent.

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Gross
Stephens
Kayal

March
Andone
Izzy

Knockaert starts on the bench at best as I just don’t trust him.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
————————- Ryan ———————-
Montoya —- Duffy —— Dunk —— Bernardo
Knockeart —- Stephens — Kayal -—- March
————————— Gross ———————-
————————— Murray ———————

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills