Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are We The Baddies?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When the lion of judea, Percy tau is revealed to be the next messi, we will have a hoard of saffies hating us too as well as the Iranians and homophobic Romanians if Facebook is anything to go by!

Does make you wonder how many of last year's Summer signings were based purely on our footballing needs and how many were based on the club's desire to raise it's global profile.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We are in the Prem because we deserve to be.
3 playoffs and a 2nd place in the 6 seasons we were in the championship.

Sorry that we aren't setting ourselves up to be Canon Fodder for the big boys.
Or spunking all of our money on a band of mercenaries to see if we can stay in "The best League in the world" (C)

Brighton and Hove Albion are anything but anti-football.
It's just that if you aren't selling the premier league brand well enough, you need to piss off back to the championship.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Other fans also dislike our fans, apparently we're extremely arrogant.

That's what everyone seems to say about everyone. Little silly really.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Spoke to a couple of mates after reading this and the general consensus is we've outgrown the "good for them after all their struggles" vibe and are now perceived as boring, dirty and anti-football. Might seem harsh to us who only care about survival but for those who pay the inflated costs of attending a match, only to see their teams up against that dross, it must be annoying.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Think we're in serious danger of becoming the new Stoke ie the club whose style of play epitomises the very worst of the PL

Well Stoke managed 10 years in the prem so if we're setting ourselves up for that I'm all for it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Any team that has set up to play boring, negative football, ie, us, is never going to be popular with other fans, heck it is not even popular with the majority of our fans. We have, sadly become a bit of a laughing stock across the country now. 7 games without a goal is a total embarrassment. 3 wins 4 draws 13 defeats from the last 20 league games and 13 points from 60. This is solely Hughton's baby.

Has this ever happened in the history of bhafc before ? Any team that sets out to stiffle the beautiful game will be derided, even in Italy they would have tired of us by now. I feel most sorry for Ryan, Dunk and Duffy, where the hell would we be without them ?

They have to do triple shifts each game as the pressure is NEVER taken off by the midfield and attack. Those 3 will be gone like a shot to another premier league side if we go down, probably the only 3 to be honest.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Well Stoke managed 10 years in the prem so if we're setting ourselves up for that I'm all for it.

Ironically enough it was their “we had enough of this dull shit with pullis” that sent them on a downwards curve to mid table championship

That said they were just bloody direct and horrible to play against but it got results. At the moment we are just bloody horrible to watch. 7 games no goals. Bar the woodwork a couple of times we haven’t even looked dangerous.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Probably because our football is so dull to watch.

In no small part a by-product of our tens of millions worth of playing staff up against Tottenham's 100s of millions worth of playing staff. Let's give the top six a squad of our value, we'll have theirs and then we'll see who plays the best football when we play each of them.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Spoke to a couple of mates after reading this and the general consensus is we've outgrown the "good for them after all their struggles" vibe and are now perceived as boring, dirty and anti-football. Might seem harsh to us who only care about survival but for those who pay the inflated costs of attending a match, only to see their teams up against that dross, it must be annoying.

This. Again, not that we should care but for those paying upwards of £2k for a season ticket at places like Tottenham are going to be royally p*ssed to watch too many games like that.

I did think it was an amazing defensive show last night, and actually, one that should be applauded. Nonetheless, most armchair fans up and down the country will not enjoy paying their ticket price or Sky/BT subscriptions to watch one team totally devoid of any attacking intention. For that reason, we should not expect anybody to rally to our cause any time soon, and in fact, are likely to rejoice when our inevitable relegation happens.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

How many of the club's lanyard-wearing customers will still be there at the end of those 10 years tho? Tremendous for those of us who will benefit from far shorter queues for every damn thing once the corporates have gone. For the club? Not so much.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Alternatively we could have come up spent 100 million on attaching players and set up in a far more positive manner to go at teams it worked for Fulham....... oh

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This. Again, not that we should care but for those paying upwards of £2k for a season ticket at places like Tottenham are going to be royally p*ssed to watch too many games like that.

I did think it was an amazing defensive show last night, and actually, one that should be applauded. Nonetheless, most armchair fans up and down the country will not enjoy paying their ticket price or Sky/BT subscriptions to watch one team totally devoid of any attacking intention. For that reason, we should not expect anybody to rally to our cause any time soon, and in fact, are likely to rejoice when our inevitable relegation happens.

So we piss of the circus act that is the premier league, clubs which benefit most financially from it and a few 'football' fans who pay extortionate amounts of cash to watch 'their' team make some scores.

Gutted.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not sure where everyone is getting the negativity from other teams fans from but I've not seen it.

I know loads of Wednesday and United fans but also Spurs, Man U, West Ham and various others. The only person I know who wants us to go down is my son's mate who supports Palace. Which is fair enough.

Everyone hates Cardiff.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey, with every thread you read it's almost like:

100 Ways to put a negative spin on being an Albion fan.

Needs must fella, we must stay in the league, next season we go again, bit more recruitment, a striker, maybe some more expansive rather than expensive football and we'll see where we end up.

48 points next year and no late season worries, the spin then will be, why isn't exciting, why can't we be in a battle to stay in the league or .... why didn't TB spend £200,000,000 in January to grab us that Europa League spot.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If I was a opposing fan I'd love Brighton to stay up, there's very little chance of losing plus you get to see your team attacking for 90 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here