Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] After the Man City game

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Was thinking about what may happen after the game on May 12th. Should be a lap of "appreciation" (cant bring myself to call it honour) from our boys, but there could also be a trophy presentation if Citeh have won the whole thing. If we stay up or go down, would you stay for either/both?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would imagine the lap of appreciation would happen first as they'd need to setup the trophy presentation and make sure all the TV people were in place?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Was thinking about what may happen after the game on May 12th. Should be a lap of "appreciation" (cant bring myself to call it honour) from our boys, but there could also be a trophy presentation if Citeh have won the whole thing. If we stay up or go down, would you stay for either/both?

Yep, as I'm a Brighton fan first and a football fan second.

Might be different if it was Palace getting the trophy, but don't think I need to worry about that happening!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Already got my 'Aggwerro can I have your shirt please?' on the inside of my cornflake packet.

#### 'em. IF they do get the trophy on our patch, our little group certainly won't be around to applaud such nonsense.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You give the support to the team after game, no matter what happens at the end of the season, it's the way of things.
Second season in PL was always going to be a tough one, hoping we have stayed up, it proves we have learnt our spurs (no pun intended), and have earnt the right to have another season in this tough league, perhaps less wet behind the ears IMO

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lap of honour is a tradition, a chance to show Chris and the boys our appreciation for their efforts, this will happen irrelevant of whether CIty win the League.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I would stay to see a Premier League presentation but haven’t got a great deal of appreciation for CH or the team at the moment. Showed my appreciation by going home and away to see dreadfully dull football this season!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would stay to see a Premier League presentation but haven’t got a great deal of appreciation for CH or the team at the moment. Showed my appreciation by going home and away to see dreadfully dull football this season!

Well....it was a taken what you would say.....I would just add that it’s also an opportunity for them to show their appreciation of our support this season

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’ll stay to clap our boys. However stay to clap a manufactured team of mercenaries built by some zillionaire who wants to buy fame and glory, with their plastic, entitled, wanker fans. Nah, I’ll go and have a pint at that point.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There should be a disco under the north stand with both sets of fans.
Even though many are a bit pissed off this season we have yet again stayed in one of the toughest leagues in the world, to not stay behind and clapthem off for that is sort of forgetting where we were still only a short time ago.
Edit: That's if they win the league, personally I would like us to stop them winning the league in our patch and hand it to Liverpool, then my 2 Liverpool supporting mates can take me out.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think a team ALWAYS deserves a lap of thanking the crowd (and vice versa) at the end of the season.

Plus it will very possibly be the last game in the stripes for some of them, and they’ve earnt our thanks. In all likelihood, Bruno and Murray will be here again next year, but it’s also possible they might not be. Similarly, Knockaert might well move on in the close season, we might get an offer we can’t refuse for Dunk - and so on.

That walk round the pitch could turn out to be goodbye for some huge club legends too, so I think it’d be pretty sad if a lot of fans can’t be arsed to hang around for an extra 10-15 minutes just because the last month or two has been disappointing and they think “they don’t deserve it”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think a team ALWAYS deserves a lap of thanking the crowd (and vice versa) at the end of the season.

Plus it will very possibly be the last game in the stripes for some of them, and they’ve earnt our thanks. In all likelihood, Bruno and Murray will be here again next year, but it’s also possible they might not be. Similarly, Knockaert might well move on in the close season, we might get an offer we can’t refuse for Dunk - and so on.

That walk round the pitch could turn out to be goodbye for some huge club legends too, so I think it’d be pretty sad if a lot of fans can’t be arsed to hang around for an extra 10-15 minutes just because the last month or two has been disappointing and they think “they don’t deserve it”.

This

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Every last home game of the season at the Amex at least 40% have left before the players begin their walk round regardless of how well the season has gone.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have a five hour drive home and work the next day so certainly won’t be hanging around.

No way do I want to see another team get a trophy at our ground either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here