Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So are we all Man Utd tonight then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:sick: :sick:

I don't think the result will have any impact on City's final day motivation (they'll need a win either way) but we could do with United having something to play for by the time they host Cardiff.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No, Manchester City tonight, need to ensure Liverpool don't win the league, and hopefully City can get it all wrapped up by the final game.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man Utd losing tonight would make them even more determined to beat Cardiff on the final day as they'll be more likely to need to win

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No, Manchester City tonight, need to ensure Liverpool don't win the league, and hopefully City can get it all wrapped up by the final game.

I'm afraid more than of Man U beating Cardiff if they it for CL qual than us getting anything from Man C in any circumstances.

Manure all the way

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That makes no sense whatsoever. City will need to beat us in their final game no matter what happens tonight. I do not want Utd having nothing to play for on the final day.

Liverpool not winning the league makes all the sense in the world (to me). At the time of writing, Brighton staying up comes down to whether we beat Newcastle or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Man U next game is home to Chelsea so one of them will drop out of the top 4.contention Liverpool will get 3 points at home to Huddersfield on Friday then they are way to Newcastle another 3 points.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm all in for Man Utd tonight.

Although I would seem to be in the minority among neutrals, I want LIVERPOOL to win the title.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
For probably the first time in my life Utd win for me otherwise with Chelsea next game they could have nothing to play for v Cardiff

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For probably the first time in my life Utd win for me otherwise with Chelsea next game they could have nothing to play for v Cardiff

Exactly, no brainer. I'm baffled at how people look at things sometimes.

The worse possible outcome for us is United have nothing to play for on the final day.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No, I want to City to win tonight and then Liverpool win the PL anyway. As for the Cardiff v Man U match, if we can't sort it out on our own terms by then we deserve a nervous last day :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So are we all Man Utd tonight then?

:sick: :sick:
Yeah I think so (even if City lose, I'd still expect them to have a chance of the title on the last day). But if it makes you feel that ill, just forget about the game and look up the result later.

Oh. Well Liverpool have Huddersfield at home tonight, so that's a done deal. The only other game they have is Newcastle away - losing that is the only possible way City can have the title wrapped up before coming to the Amex.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A defeat tonight means that they HAVE to beat Chelsea and Cardiff so a City win is best for us IMHO.

No.

Defeat would leave Man Utd in 6th, Arsenal in 5th 2 points better off and with a game in hand, and Chelsea in 4th, 3 points ahead and with a superior GD. That would mean that even assuming Arsenal cock it up, even a win over Chelsea would still leave them trailing them on GD...
No, a defeat tonight means that a win over Chelsea (and Cardiff) probably won't be enough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here