Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "We’ll need goals and what we’ll need to do is win the game in whichever way possible.”

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"We’ll need goals and what we’ll need to do is win the game in whichever way possible.”

Chris Hughton on the Newcastle game. Thank you Chris. I was genuinely terrified he might set up for the draw here too!

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
That's about as positive a thing as he's said all season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What were his thoughts on Newcastle? "These are a good side"?

We may well set up for a draw if Cardiff lose in the early kick off methinks, despite what he says.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Excellent words. Looking forward to "how shit must you be? We've just scored a goal" ringing out from the 12,000 left in the stadium as Murray tucks away our 91st minute consolation.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
My biggest fear here is Cardiff draw. If they do I can see CH happy taking a point and setting us up that way to put pressure back on Cardiff who will then need 4 points again to overhaul is.
If Cardiff win then in all honestly he has to go for it
If Cardiff lose then we must take this chance for us to be safe for certain knowing even if we lose 4 points are still needed from 2 games for them to overhaul us.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Hughton's gonna get naughty. Sending minions to slip a few laxatives in Newcastle's food for an explosive day at the Amex.

Imagine the fat waiter and Ritchie consoling each other amidst an explosion of diarrhea.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone would think it is real life Xbox FIFA the amount of control a manager has over what happens every moment on a football pitch. Does he use auto player switch I wonder?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To me "whichever way possible" sounds a lot like:-

'let's make it difficult - only Stephens is allowed to shoot'.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I agree with the poster above that the Cardiff result will determine this. If they win we really have no choice but to go for it. They draw or lose then a point will still be a seen as a good result in his eyes and we will be conservative again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here