Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "We’ll need goals and what we’ll need to do is win the game in whichever way possible.”

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris Hughton on the Newcastle game. Thank you Chris. I was genuinely terrified he might set up for the draw here too!
That's about as positive a thing as he's said all season.
Ah, bless you both. Unfortunately, when he says 'win the game in whichever way possible', he means we're going to try and keep it nil nil for 89 minutes, and then push forward for the last minute.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My biggest fear here is Cardiff draw. If they do I can see CH happy taking a point and setting us up that way to put pressure back on Cardiff who will then need 4 points again to overhaul is.
If Cardiff win then in all honestly he has to go for it
If Cardiff lose then we must take this chance for us to be safe for certain knowing even if we lose 4 points are still needed from 2 games for them to overhaul us.
My biggest fear here is Cardiff win.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My biggest fear here is Cardiff draw. If they do I can see CH happy taking a point and setting us up that way to put pressure back on Cardiff who will then need 4 points again to overhaul is.
If Cardiff win then in all honestly he has to go for it
If Cardiff lose then we must take this chance for us to be safe for certain knowing even if we lose 4 points are still needed from 2 games for them to overhaul us.

As you point out, we are in a stronger position given that they play before us, and that could effect how we approach the game. If they lose, then a point from Newcastle looks a fantastic return, as it would leave them needing to win both their remaining games (and that's assuming we get nothing from our last two -- which is, of course, the likeliest option).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How about we be positive and get behind the team rather than making tedious jokes about how shit we’ve been recently? Just a thought. I suppose this isn’t a forum for supporters... oh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As you point out, we are in a stronger position given that they play before us, and that could effect how we approach the game. If they lose, then a point from Newcastle looks a fantastic return, as it would leave them needing to win both their remaining games (and that's assuming we get nothing from our last two -- which is, of course, the likeliest option).

In that hyperthetical scenario, it would also mean a draw v Arsenal or v Man City would be redundant (unless we drew both games that is which let’s be honest, won’t haplen) so our approach to the Arsenal game would be interesting. All ifs bits and maybes though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here