Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Item on us coming up now on Talksport

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Might have been better slagging off the sky cash that has ripped the competitive edge out of football and made it impossible to join the top table without going shed loads in debt. Sadly Sky have thier tentacles up talk premiers bum:moo:

It's not the amount of money itself that's the problem,it's the way its divided with the top clubs getting the most. It's like giving the NHS an extra 50 billion and they decide to spend it all on breast enlargement clinics for supermodels.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I heard the Moose being highly critical of the way we played also, said that we don't befit the greatest league in the world and too many teams playing boring and negative football like thaty and he fears the EPL will loose it's crown as the best in the world.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Durham and Goff failed to mention Man City had one shot on target at Spurs in the Champions league, yet little old Brighton are meant to give it a go, couple of bellends.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They play a good cop bad cop routine. Got in car and listened to them pan a Wolves fan that had rung in to have a go at BHA, and arguing the case that they had done 5he same against Chelsea. Wolves fan got owned, and defended the approach we had as understandable. Wasn’t all anti football. O’Hara’s shirt thrown back is still one of the funniest moments I have ever seen at the Footy.

Was that The Sports Bar on Tuesday after the game? Heard that too and I think Goldstein and Cundy just like to take the mickey :lol: They really do have some special callers on that show!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was that The Sports Bar on Tuesday after the game? Heard that too and I think Goldstein and Cundy just like to take the mickey :lol: They really do have some special callers on that show!
Wolves fans are really up themselves though without the Chinese money they would be struggling in the Championship with Lambert.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

...and today they will be panning Arsenal and creaming themselves at Wolves.. Wolves will be good against teams like Arsenal, who try and play with possession. They will appear less good against teams like us that sit deep and demand to be broken down. After 10 minutes, they had just 12% possession - but they have the quality and pace to break. Easy to sit and pontificate about our style, but when your job is on the line, you have to play to whatever strengths you think you have. We will be appear to be better against the teams who believe they can play with possession but in reality are not as good at it as the top teams, and are not set up as defensively as the teams at the bottom. Our lack of pace is not so evident, we have a bot more space for our attackers to get on the ball. This is why Saturday intrigues me (Excites me, terrifies me in equal measure!) : Newcastle of a few weeks ago would have come to defend, and we would have struggled. They may believe, consciously or otherwise that they can take the game to us - if they do that I think we will win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

He was first call on and Cundy laid into him about how Wolves had set up against Chelsea away ...with the Wolves fan retorting that they were playing a big team...failing to understand that we had just played a champion league semi finalist ..not a big team?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Durham and Goff failed to mention Man City had one shot on target at Spurs in the Champions league, yet little old Brighton are meant to give it a go, couple of bellends.

They’re a special couple though. The broadcasting equivalent of a paper bag argument day after day, the filler inbetween on an advertisement channel basically. I prefer listening to shows however so I stopped listening to Talk Sport years ago. Danny Kelly was the only one worth listening to

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Last night Man United had one shot on target, and 36% possession v Man City.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Yep, Sports Bar on way home after game. They really panned the Wolves fan. Ended with them telling him that he was still pissed off about not getting result on Saturday, and that it was time to “move on”��

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, Sports Bar on way home after game. They really panned the Wolves fan. Ended with them telling him that he was still pissed off about not getting result on Saturday, and that it was time to “move on”��

Yes, I thought that was pretty hilarious. I also heard the Brighton fan (can't remember if it was before or after the game) on TS talking about 'just spending another £100m' to try and stay competitive in the league! Like I say, some of those callers are unbelievable!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Is that true though? I don't think we've played like that in the last 4 months. We've been far too open, conceding cheap goals, and not being good enough in the final third - hence the low shot counts. Even Palace away I didn't think we parked the bus in the same manner we did at Wolves and Spurs. I've not done many aways this season I'll admit, but again at West Ham we were the better side for much of the game.

We shouldn't confuse being rubbish with being boring. Being rubbish isn't an intent, being boring is. I don't think we've set out at home to Watford, Burnley (both decent performances with keepers getting motm), Huddersfield, Southampton, Bournemouth or Cardiff to be intentionally boring - In the latter 3 we started adventurously enough, but were just poor, once we conceded our confidence fell through the floor. Not the same as tactically setting out to be boring as we did at Wolves and Spurs.

I'll take it on the chin that what we set out to do in our last 2 games was boring. Previously though, our excuse is being poor, not boring.

Sadly we are both poor and boring. We haven’t scores in 7 games. In the league since the start of January we have scored 10 goals in 15 league games. This season there are only two teams who have scored less. But onwards and upwards, fingers crossed we get over the line in the last three games and start to sort in the summer.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They slaughtered us this afternoon for our negative performance at Spurs. Said they were relieved when Spurs scored and we got what we deserved.

I totally disagree.

Our defenders played better than their forwards . So you could argue. They got something they didn't deserve and we didn't get something we truly deserved.

If you follow the philosophy that only attacking players merit any accolade. Then only then does that statement carry any weight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here