Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] THFC Stadium

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Very impressive and excellent acoustics. The massive ' kop ' behind the goal produces a wall of sound that seems to cascade down. Thought away concourse could have been a tad bigger for 3000 people. Toilets decent. Catering pretty good. Forgot it was cashless, waved a tenner at the girl and got a bemused expression. Thought I read that the micro brewery was local and independent.
Still not an easy ground to get to / or away from. Clear that some building work outside is still unfinished. All in all, a ground to be proud of and the new benchmark for all future developments.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Forgot to mention the ' safe standing ' railings. It was like a throwback to have a barrier to lean on. Interesting concept.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The railings in the away end enabling safe standing are a great idea and should be made a necessity in all premier league grounds.

Edit: beat me to it.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Tricky to navigate, arrived main entrance and even the police couldn't easily point us in the direction of the away section (11). Had to walk in and out of the dusty bluebells.

Floor too slippery.

Sorry.
That was probably me
Have you ever tried taking a photo of your pint from underneath it and not spilling the drink?

Mind you, within 10 seconds a guy had rushed up, glared at me and mopped it up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not a microbrewery, they are owned by Heineken!

Not quite true. Heineken have a 40 million stake in Beavertown. The percentage has not been declared as far as I know but it’s believed it’s not a controlling interest. For some, this stake will affect their “craft” status though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Forgot to mention the ' safe standing ' railings. It was like a throwback to have a barrier to lean on. Interesting concept.

The railings in the away end enabling safe standing are a great idea and should be made a necessity in all premier league grounds.

Indeed, worked well. Only 'spanner' or spanners in the works is when the line of 6 mates or so choose 4 empty seats to squeeze into. People standing sideways not being able to grasp said rail, diminishing the overall matchday experience.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Amazing place. We were in corporate seats at the front of the top tier, on the East stand halfway line (opposite the tunnel), and can assure the posters suggesting otherwise, that the Spurs fans were very loud. Certainly for the first 20 minutes, as we were all commenting on how good the acoustics were. The Albion fans were great, but (obviously) 3,000 people do not generate the same volume. They quietened down later in the game, once they realised it wasn’t going to be a 4-0 romp.

We explored three different lounges on the way up to ours - each different and very impressive. Buffet catering was really well done, except for an inexcusable lack of vegetarian offering - the lounge manager was apologetic and helpful in resolving, but my lads were uncomfortable with making a fuss, and shouldn’t have needed to.

Unlike 1901 there were loads of seating options in the lounge - room with tables for everyone, not standing about. The toilets were ridiculous- like those in a 5 star hotel, complete with attendant, keeping it spotless, and handing out fresh towels. (My mrs cynically reckons that is to dissuade drug use in the loos - could be partly that)

The seats were excellent - absolutely love the steep rake of the stand, though I’d image the climb back up to the lounge would have been a genuine struggle for some!

Great evening. Such a shame we couldn’t close out the point, after a valiant effort. Gutted for the players out there at the end.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Sure everything was 'nice' but personally think grounds like that are too big..I would hate to be a season ticket holder in that last row of that stand stand that was opposite us. I also think a few shelves to put your pint on while eating your pie would be a good idea....

I quite agree. It might be impressive to look at and have some nice features, however it didn't do it for me. I've been to all the Premier League grounds and this one for me doesn't rank as one of the top ones in spite of it "elitist" guise.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I really can’t see how you can improve on that.

No padded seats, no shelves to put your drink and I guess they will work on the home atmosphere - other than that best in the country. 100 times better than Wembley and personally I enjoyed the experience more than the cup semi.

I don't really get why people struggled to find the away end, the stadium plan in on the back of the ticket and its easy look on google. Found the transport ok, LB to Northumberland Park was simple getting there via Liverpool Street and after a brisk walk back to the station after the game we got a train the Stratford and the Jubilee to LB, pretty straightforward.

Last edited:

el punal

We’ve got more comfortable seats!

This is true. As I pointed out to a critical Spurs fan after the game, when he had a pop at us about our negative tactics sending him to sleep. I stated that we had padded seats so that we could curl up and have a little snooze if things were a bit dull on the pitch. He really didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. :drink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It might affect their "micro" status too.

It’s the on-site facility they’re claiming is a microbrewery.....which it is. Beavertown itself isn’t a microbrewer but then they’re not claiming to be.
I
As an aside it will be interesting so see how the scaling up of Beavertown in general will affect the quality and variety of their beers.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
It’s the on-site facility they’re claiming is a microbrewery.....which it is. Beavertown itself isn’t a microbrewer but then they’re not claiming to be.
I
As an aside it will be interesting so see how the scaling up of Beavertown in general will affect the quality and variety of their beers.

I enjoyed my pint of Gamma Ray at half time!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
CONTACT LESS
For some reason or other my c/card refused to work on their machines (tried three different kiosks). Having used it at Tesco on the way up I knew it worked. Do they only accept certain cards?
Drinking water fountain is a good addition. Need some at the Amex.
As mentioned, the 'safe standing' barriers are good although I too had more people in my row than there were seats.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
CONTACT LESS
For some reason or other my c/card refused to work on their machines (tried three different kiosks). Having used it at Tesco on the way up I knew it worked. Do they only accept certain cards?
Drinking water fountain is a good addition. Need some at the Amex.
As mentioned, the 'safe standing' barriers are good although I too had more people in my row than there were seats.

And I had fewer people in my row than seats. Suggests some tactical moving around maybe? Stewards didn't seem that bothered -

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes agree. Everything about it is great. Easily the best I've been to.

Only downside is the location and the ball ache that it is to get away after the game, but I am sure they will improve that over time.

Makes Arsenal and the Emirates look totally tin pot. West Ham is miles short of it and as for Palace....

Spurs now own London football. No one is even close. Fair play to them.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Went up some stairs in the concourse to an upper level that had shelves for drinks and no queues. Pie and a pint of Neckoil for £9. I thought that the stadium was superb, other than the inaudible PA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here