Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] THFC Stadium

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The only details I can find pertaining to the deal are

"Mergermarket reported that the deal would mimic its investment in south London brewery Brixton, which saw it take a 49% stake in the business to fund a move to a larger site. The brewery had researched other investment options, such as crowdfunding or private equity, but these were dismissed as “unsuitable.” Plant was at pains to reassure Beavertown’s loyal following that Heineken “do not want us to conform or change.” “They love what we do and want us to do more of it. “That support gives us the opportunity to maximise what we do best and support our partners and team along the way to achieve and grow together. “The only change will be the building of Beaverworld, hopefully with completion and beer flowing by late 2019.”"

Couldn't find any mention of a 100% deal in time, or is that just speculation?

Speculation but all of Heineken’s other acquisitions have been 49% initially then 100%

Else why would Heineken care about a minority stake in a business turning over <£100M if they weren’t eventually going to take full control

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
CONTACT LESS
For some reason or other my c/card refused to work on their machines (tried three different kiosks). Having used it at Tesco on the way up I knew it worked. Do they only accept certain cards?
Drinking water fountain is a good addition. Need some at the Amex.
As mentioned, the 'safe standing' barriers are good although I too had more people in my row than there were seats.
You do know contactless only works 4 or 5 times a day before you have to verify it's you with the PIN?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You do know contactless only works 4 or 5 times a day before you have to verify it's you with the PIN?

Are you sure? I only use contactless when I go to matches. I must use it over 4 or 5 times.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I assume those sitting just yards away from us (behind us on same level) were 1901 equivalent. Not sure they would be that pleased with some of the away fans you get.

The Spurs fans behind us in Corporate were horrible, being offensive and aggressive at the end of the game. Not sure our fans bothered reacting, but it would be a big flash point at some games (they play West Ham on Saturday). Would not be surprised if they have a problem with this soon.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
A friend of mine said there was an upper concourse with bugger all queues.

It wasn’t a concourse as such just a bit of space upstairs with no access to the ground.
The shelf above the stairs was inward leaning so you couldn’t rest a pint on it

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Impressive inside and aesthetically pleasing both inside and outside. Standing seat barriers in the away section (but not in home section as far as I could see) was a good feature.

Some little issues to address:

For a huge stadium the away concourse was still too small.
The large drop off the ends and sides of the pitch is dangerous for players running too fast (not a problem for our players obvs). I know this is because of the artificial pitch underneath.
Sound system was echoing / clashing at half-time. Need to get the engineers back.
Too much horse poo on Tottenham High Road.

I am being picky, clearly. If we’d taken a point I’d have called it flawless.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Spurs fans behind us in Corporate were horrible, being offensive and aggressive at the end of the game. Not sure our fans bothered reacting, but it would be a big flash point at some games (they play West Ham on Saturday). Would not be surprised if they have a problem with this soon.

And many NSC’ers have a soft spot for Spuds, creaming themselves over WHL. Strange.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I presume that programme-sellers are a thing of the past for this modern stadium. Or is it that they just can't cope with contactless and are not allowed dirty cash.
Another one of the few grounds where programmes are only sold behind the same counters as the beer and pies - but not every counter as I painfully found out.

Walked around the outside of the stadium and saw quite a few programme sellers. :shrug:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
B8A53E33-F019-4608-8849-C0CB280EB4D8.jpeg
Another London stadium coming along nicely.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I just checked up. With my bank, it's £30 max per purchase. No daily limit. Some banks do have a daily limit.

Mostly not, but they ‘randomly’ (it’s not truly random) implement PIN entry from time to time. The £30 limit applies to all contactless transactions for all banks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here