Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you wish we were playing before Cardiff on Saturday?

Please ignore personal consequences in your choice.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Cardiff lose and we win, we are safe on GD but that's far too easy isn't it. I have this awful feeling it's going down to the last game against Man City.

If that's the case, it will be in Cardiff's hands as we're getting nothing against city.

If we were level on points id be a bit more fearful as Warnock could park the bus at man u and get a point, if they need the win there, and have to attack, I think man u will exploit the spaces and win.

Just hope it doesn't come down to that, it will be truly agonising if it does.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Happy the way is panned out.

Really think Fulham will have too much for Cardiff, other than the 2 shots & goals they were very poor against us because we were awful. Fulham showing some fight for Scott Parker and are playing for their contacts at Fulham or putting themselves in the shop window.

Well that's what I think anyway.

2-0 Fulham,
2-1 Albion, Also Toon missing their captain though illness can only be a good thing.

D

Deleted member 22389

If that's the case, it will be in Cardiff's hands as we're getting nothing against city.

If we were level on points id be a bit more fearful as Warnock could park the bus at man u and get a point, if they need the win there, and have to attack, I think man u will exploit the spaces and win.

Just hope it doesn't come down to that, it will be truly agonising if it does.

My nerves can't take this anymore.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Happy the way is panned out.

Really think Fulham will have too much for Cardiff, other than the 2 shots & goals they were very poor against us because we were awful. Fulham showing some fight for Scott Parker and are playing for their contacts at Fulham or putting themselves in the shop window.

Well that's what I think anyway.

2-0 Fulham,
2-1 Albion, Also Toon missing their captain though illness can only be a good thing.

Can I have a puff of what you're smoking.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree the Cardiff result cannot influence the team selection, and that it won't affect the team set-up. What it might affect is our in-match decisions (both manager and players).

Imagine our game is level with 10 minutes left. If that is following a Cardiff defeat, then we'd be justifiably wary of over-committing, as the point could prove very valuable. If it is following a Cardiff win, we'd surely need to gamble?
Indeed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Realistically, he'll have already chosen the team by now, and told the players. The tactics will also have been decided. The pre-match team talk may vary a little depending on Cardiff's result, but probably not. A Cardiff win could really affect the players' nerves, but if Cardiff lose I'd expect that to give our players a lift and take the pressure off a bit.

I'm guessing they've been working on shape and tactics this week at training.

I'd expect the players and strategy for Newcastle will have been decided well before Fulham Cardiff kicks off.

Totally agree, but there does seem to be many posters who feel the Cardiff result will influence selection. I was kind of just pointing out, that even if leaving it ridiculously late, it would only be HT.

Like you both, mentally it may change things, but I would imagine tactics, selection etc. will not alter regardless of their result. It would be pure madness 40mins before KO to suddenly be saying, 'actually lads, we're going to defend deep now instead'.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think on the whole I would rather the games be played at the same time. If Cardiff lose, I fear the temptation to go into "must not lose" defend defend defend mode will be too much to resist. We need to win this game, no matter what the Fulham Cardiff result is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think on the whole I would rather the games be played at the same time. If Cardiff lose, I fear the temptation to go into "must not lose" defend defend defend mode will be too much to resist. We need to win this game, no matter what the Fulham Cardiff result is.

"go into?"

Hmmmmm, if we're not there already I don't want to go tomorrow. :lol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He has to submit his team an hour before kick off, so at least by 16.30. He will therefore have decided by 16.00 you would imagine in terms of announcing the team at the very latest, which will only be half time in the Fulham v Cardiff game.

If Cardiff are winning 2-0 at half-time, he'll be able to choose the team he wants. After all, Fulham would never come back from two down at half time surely.....!

He has to submit his team an hour before kick off, so at least by 16.30. He will therefore have decided by 16.00 you would imagine in terms of announcing the team at the very latest, which will only be half time in the Fulham v Cardiff game.
Why would he make the final decision at half time in the Cardiff game when it could have changed crucially before the 4:30 deadline arrives ? :shrug:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I am wary of Cardiff playing before us in case they lose.

I feel with this Brighton team they do the bare minimum and will feel they don't have to win and end up losing ourselves.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The team will go out to win today as nothing that happens in the Cardiff game changes our need to win against Newcastle

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's comforting how anxious everyone is feeling, knowing that I'm not alone in feeling sh!t.
Everyone also has a theory on how things will go without actually having a clue.
The sooner it kicks off, the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here