Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you wish we were playing before Cardiff on Saturday?

Please ignore personal consequences in your choice.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

My fear is that Cardiff will lose at Fulham and prompt Chris to pick a team to ensure a point against Newcastle, therefore requiring Cardiff to win at Old Trafford just to have any hope at all. I think Cardiff are currently playing much better than their position would imply, and believe they are capable of beating both Palace and Manchester United if they have to.

For the purposes of the poll I am asking you to disregard any personal inconveniences or advantages this hypothetical switch would entail, e.g. you'll still be able to attend both the match and that wedding!

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not bothered.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No.

I am glad we play after Cardiff for the next 2 matches - so we know what we need each time to match their results.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think Cardiff are currently playing much better than their position would imply, and believe they are capable of beating both Palace and Manchester United if they have to.
If Man U still have something to play for Cardiff won't get anything there.

Would prefer the games at same time but think we need to go out to beat Newcastle regardless of what happens at Fulham,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My fear is that Cardiff will beat Fulham.

That only becomes a fear if you actually believe the Albion won't score enough goals to win v Newcastle.

Bollox Cardiff winning is now my fear as well.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My fear is that we may choke on Saturday and blow it.
However, the optimistic side of me says, we are due a few goals, and hey, we will win 3-1, just like 40 years ago!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My fear is that Cardiff will lose at Fulham and prompt Chris to pick a team to ensure a point against Newcastle

He has to submit his team an hour before kick off, so at least by 16.30. He will therefore have decided by 16.00 you would imagine in terms of announcing the team at the very latest, which will only be half time in the Fulham v Cardiff game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Que sera sera. It should never have come down to this. But currently Cardiff appear to have far more fight in them.

Might just get away with it this season, but certainly won't next season with 'this group of players'. Major clearout required - including much of the dross signed last Summer.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My fear is that we may choke on Saturday and blow it.
However, the optimistic side of me says, we are due a few goals, and hey, we will win 3-1, just like 40 years ago!

I think our goal drought will finish tomorrow and the flood gate swill open.......so I'm going for 6-0.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Difficult one, if Cardiff lose we’ll probably set out to settle for a point. If they win we’ll shit our pants as we fall between two stools (no pun intended) of should we attack or should we defend and hope to get something on the break and get well beaten because of it.

Very strong leadership both off and on the pitch needed here.

The ideal would be Locadia, Andone and AJ scoring as we run rampant.

I’d rather we were first up on reflection.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He has to submit his team an hour before kick off, so at least by 16.30. He will therefore have decided by 16.00 you would imagine in terms of announcing the team at the very latest, which will only be half time in the Fulham v Cardiff game.
Realistically, he'll have already chosen the team by now, and told the players. The tactics will also have been decided. The pre-match team talk may vary a little depending on Cardiff's result, but probably not. A Cardiff win could really affect the players' nerves, but if Cardiff lose I'd expect that to give our players a lift and take the pressure off a bit.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I'm guessing they've been working on shape and tactics this week at training.

I'd expect the players and strategy for Newcastle will have been decided well before Fulham Cardiff kicks off.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'll only be glad if Cardiff lose. If they win, the tension may well spill over onto the pitch a lot earlier and intensely.

Of course, a Cardiff loss and we can all rejoice if we managed to score a goal and take 3 points.

Whichever way around, at the end of the day, it's affecting my innards.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Realistically, he'll have already chosen the team by now, and told the players. The tactics will also have been decided. The pre-match team talk may vary a little depending on Cardiff's result, but probably not. A Cardiff win could really affect the players' nerves, but if Cardiff lose I'd expect that to give our players a lift and take the pressure off a bit.

I agree the Cardiff result cannot influence the team selection, and that it won't affect the team set-up. What it might affect is our in-match decisions (both manager and players).

Imagine our game is level with 10 minutes left. If that is following a Cardiff defeat, then we'd be justifiably wary of over-committing, as the point could prove very valuable. If it is following a Cardiff win, we'd surely need to gamble?

D

Deleted member 22389

Cardiff lose and we win, we are safe on GD but that's far too easy isn't it. I have this awful feeling it's going down to the last game against Man City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here