Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Help required please

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have a Panasonic TV which has HDMI 1 which I use for screening my laptop and HDMI 2 on which my Roku is connected for the grandchildren to watch Netflix.Last night I booked a Now TV Sports pass to watch the game, never again but thats another story, when I connected laptop to TV it didnt show so had to use the TV in the bedroom.After the game I tried the laptop in the living room with the HDMI cable that I had just used still nothing. Then tried the original HDMI cable in the TV in the bedroom and it worked ok so both cable are OK.Now I find that the Roku in HDMI 2 is not working.in nor in the other port.. Is there any other checks I can make like check a seperate fuse or similar or will it need a TV repair technician to be called. Many thanks for any help as children were watching Netflix until I turned it off when they went home and tried to connect the laptop for the game. Yes I have tried disconnecting both and turning them off for 30 mins then reconnecting but still no joy.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Have you played around with the 'input' button on the TV controller, and tried switching between the HDMI 'channels' - whilst the Roku device is plugged in and switched on?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I have a Panasonic TV which has HDMI 1 which I use for screening my laptop and HDMI 2 on which my Roku is connected for the grandchildren to watch Netflix.Last night I booked a Now TV Sports pass to watch the game, never again but thats another story, when I connected laptop to TV it didnt show so had to use the TV in the bedroom.After the game I tried the laptop in the living room with the HDMI cable that I had just used still nothing. Then tried the original HDMI cable in the TV in the bedroom and it worked ok so both cable are OK.Now I find that the Roku in HDMI 2 is not working.in nor in the other port.. Is there any other checks I can make like check a seperate fuse or similar or will it need a TV repair technician to be called. Many thanks for any help as children were watching Netflix until I turned it off when they went home and tried to connect the laptop for the game. Yes I have tried disconnecting both and turning them off for 30 mins then reconnecting but still no joy.

Have you ever watched hard to please OAPs on ITV??

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Shouldn’t you be in bed at this time of night?

Try called Rediffusion in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you played around with the 'input' button on the TV controller, and tried switching between the HDMI 'channels' - whilst the Roku device is plugged in and switched on?

On the top right of the controller there are 2 buttons TV and AV I always just click on the AV and then scroll down to the appropriate HDMI 1 connection. We always watch the TV on AV because of our recorder box.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shouldn’t you be in bed at this time of night?

Try called Rediffusion in the morning.

I was but couldnt get to sleep thinking about how to rectify it so thought I know get up have a cup of tea and go on NSC some helpful person will put me right hopefully. Are Rediffusion still in operation?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this a very roudabout way of asking if you team won tonight?

No. The answer is no, I'm not telling you.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Have you definitely put the HDMI's back in the correct sockets?

If they're set up in the Menu correctly, they'll just plug in and play as they were. If you've plonked them back in the wrong sockets, that'll be your issue.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Try pulling your eyelid down as far as it will go. And then blowing your nose.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you definitely put the HDMI's back in the correct sockets?

If they're set up in the Menu correctly, they'll just plug in and play as they were. If you've plonked them back in the wrong sockets, that'll be your issue.

I am fairly sue they are correctly in the correct sockets although I did try switching them but neither worked in either. I dont know aboutn the menu set up as it hasnt been touched to my knowledge and was working ok until 7pm this evening. I will have to ask son to call in and to check the menu set up for me when he gets home from work tomorrow.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I am fairly sue they are correctly in the correct sockets although I did try switching them but neither worked in either. I dont know aboutn the menu set up as it hasnbt been touched to my knowledge and was working ok until 7pm this evening.

Well, unless you've accidentally reset the connections menu they should work ok if they're in the correct sockets.

As a little test, try pressing what you'd normally press to get 'TV' - then try plugging your TV source into each socket one by one and seeing what happens. If you hit upon the right socket which aligns with the menu setting, you'll get a picture.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will switch it all off now and try again in the morning,as moist times NSC say switch it off and switch it back on . Sorry I may seem a bit thick but did you mean disconnect both and try the Roku in one then other and the same with the laptop on HDMI cable?

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I will switch it all off now and try again in the morning,as moist times NSC say switch it off and switch it back on . Sorry I may seem a bit thick but did you mean disconnect both and try the Roku in one then other and the same with the laptop on HDMI cable?

Just press TV on your remote, then plug in your TV source (Sky/Freeview/Whatever) into each HDMI socket one by one. When the picture appears, you're in the right socket - then the same for the Roku. Once a source is 'configured' in the Menu, that's it. Unless you deconfigure, or reset, it'll stay the same as it was.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Try realigning the flux capacitor to the antenna, using the primary IDE mainframe to input the HDMI sensor!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here