Apr 17, 2011
London
No, don't be daft.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am I the only one thinking that Ryan should have saved that? Pretty poor positioning given where the ball was on the pitch at the time Eriksen hit it. Or am I being too harsh?

I think it should always need to be a much better shot than that to beat a keeper from that sort of distance.

He didn’t even get close. Poor keeping in my view.

Ryan has not saved much since Christmas, so did not expect him to save it , a decent keeper might of though

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Seriously - wtaf?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It was a great hit from a world class player. These things happen when you're playing the top teams, they have those players who can win a game out of nothing. No point dwelling on it, Saturday is coming.

Yup. The top teams will always have the skill and know-how to eventually break down the 11 players behind the ball tactic that Hughton employs. It will always happen with the quality that the top 6 teams have.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He would have saved it easily if he had been taller.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I like Maty Ryan as a keeper and think he's very good. Saying someone may be too short to be a top-class keeper is less a criticism than an observation though. Just off the top of my head and thinking about recent goals conceded, would a taller keeper have saved shots from Hazard and Loftus Cheek at Chelsea, Mendez Laing v Cardiff, and tonight? I think they might have. Ryan is 4-5 ins too short to be a top class keeper. And I am not convinced that what he saves you by being a brilliant shot stopper outweighs the height and reach problem.

Just for the record, Ryan is exactly the same height as one of the all time great keepers, Peter Shilton and only an inch shorter than Gordon Banks, as far as I am aware they haven’t made the goals any bigger since their day!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ffs....how many of you criticising Ryan were at the game? If you had been there and not watching from the comfort of your armchairs, you would have realised how well hit that shot was. It was a stunning strike. Watch back the replay and see how far it rebounds back into play from hitting loose netting. Not the firm stanchion in the corner but loose netting. Its six yards out!!! Most shots that hit the loose netting remain within the confines of the goal.
From the moment he hit that I knew it was in. It was a terrible feeling after all our effort but you had to acknowledge that a high class player had taken the game away from us with a moment of brilliance. Ryan might have got a hand to it had he seen it instantly but he still wouldn't have kept it out. It was going like a rocket. Rose hit one earlier, again like a rocket. It swerved in the air. It was all Ryan could do to parry it but he took the sting out of it and caught the loose ball. Now that was some save. It looked straightforward. It wasn't.
On a night of heroic defending, Ryan was right up there in performance and takes absolutely no blame for that goal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ffs....how many of you criticising Ryan were at the game? If you had been there and not watching from the comfort of your armchairs, you would have realised how well hit that shot was. It was a stunning strike. Watch back the replay and see how far it rebounds back into play from hitting loose netting. Not the firm stanchion in the corner but loose netting. Its six yards out!!! Most shots that hit the loose netting remain within the confines of the goal.
From the moment he hit that I knew it was in. It was a terrible feeling after all our effort but you had to acknowledge that a high class player had taken the game away from us with a moment of brilliance. Ryan might have got a hand to it had he seen it instantly but he still wouldn't have kept it out. It was going like a rocket. Rose hit one earlier, again like a rocket. It swerved in the air. It was all Ryan could do to parry it but he took the sting out of it and caught the loose ball. Now that was some save. It looked straightforward. It wasn't.
On a night of heroic defending, Ryan was right up there in performance and takes absolutely no blame for that goal.

That one would have taken my hand off

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can someone please tell me if Ryan actually saves anything. From about Xmas last year it seems that if the opposition get a half decent chance they score. Can anyone remember when he last had a decent game ?

Surely a goalie must be on the shopping list at Xmas to at least give the guy some competition.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here