Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Of course he should and could have saved it, he should have caught it as well.
Then placed it and dribbled up the pitch and walked it into the net for the winner and 3 valuable points, and made us almost safe.
The man is a clown.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank you Sir

I would also suggest that 6’5” Button May have struggled to get down quick enough to save the shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Aussie midget is a wonder. He's six foot (oh, alright, five foot eleven and three quarters) in my eyes :love:

:lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps the title is wrong and should read COULD he have saved it and would have given a better discussion point. I think that Yes he could but No he shouldnt have been expected to.

Clean hit flew in. I was amazed on replay he was anywhere near

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
If Ryan was a bit taller......:)

If Stephens could have closed down a bit quicker......

If Kayal had gone for the corner rather than the shot....

If my Aunt had b*****ks.........

Just back from the game. Just gutted it was at end. I expected a defeat, but when they tease you with a point and a minute to go. It’s the hope that kills you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside, there is something very aesthetically pleasing when a ball gets properly LEATHERED like that, and remains "motionless" in the air, not spinning around in the slightest.

Not that I enjoyed seeing it flying into the back of our net obviously, but the non-spinning strike is truly a thing of beauty.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I like Maty Ryan as a keeper and think he's very good. Saying someone may be too short to be a top-class keeper is less a criticism than an observation though. Just off the top of my head and thinking about recent goals conceded, would a taller keeper have saved shots from Hazard and Loftus Cheek at Chelsea, Mendez Laing v Cardiff, and tonight? I think they might have. Ryan is 4-5 ins too short to be a top class keeper. And I am not convinced that what he saves you by being a brilliant shot stopper outweighs the height and reach problem.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I like Maty Ryan as a keeper and think he's very good. Saying someone may be too short to be a top-class keeper is less a criticism than an observation though. Just off the top of my head and thinking about recent goals conceded, would a taller keeper have saved shots from Hazard and Loftus Cheek at Chelsea, Mendez Laing v Cardiff, and tonight? I think they might have. Ryan is 4-5 ins too short to be a top class keeper. And I am not convinced that what he saves you by being a brilliant shot stopper outweighs the height and reach problem.

For me with Matt it’s that for whatever reason and maybe it is his height,he has never left his line or commanded his box.He depends on Dunk/Duffy to deal with crosses and while I believe he has many qualities this fundamental flaw in his game I believe stops him being a good keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here