Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nah no blame on Ryan. If you watch the slo mo it’s clear he sees it very late. Most keepers wouldn’t have saved it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
An unnecessary post from one of our in house attention seekers. Why try and find fault when the whole team gave 100%. Go and support a team like Grimsby.

Asking a question and debating whether or not our goalkeeper should have saved it? Hughton’s initial reaction shows that he thought Ryan should have done better with it.How is in that any way attention seeking? Stupid bellend.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some world class keepers may have saved it. Slow motion made it look easier.

Murray's/Kayal's shots may have gone in if hit by world class players

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Harsh. The poor bloke works miracles for us yet there's always someone ready to blame him when we concede.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t think my post is blaming him, just debating whether or not we think he should have done better with it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bissouma would have blocked it if he hadn't been subbed. Not sure why Locadia wasn't subbed instead as it was like playng with 10 men.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Perhaps he should have been sighted?

Not really Tottenham we’re working the ball left and right. You cannot control the movement of what is in front of you.

We were tiring and stood 5 yards off the ball, that was the error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Am I the only one thinking that Ryan should have saved that? Pretty poor positioning given where the ball was on the pitch at the time Eriksen hit it. Or am I being too harsh?

I think you are being harsh. He was unsighted. I thought he had a great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Insufficiently tall.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Eriksson gets incredible whip and power on those shots, we've all seen him do that before for Spurs and Denmark. It was a class strike right into the bottom corner. Its worth remembering how bloody BIG a goal is - its EIGHT yards from post to post, its impossible to cover everything. Slow motion never does anyone any favours, but in real time that shot was an absolute rocket. We'd blocked them all night long and forced them into numerous hopeful long-range blasts over the bar, but that one got through. Zero blame on Ryan or the players in front of him.

We were eventually undone by a bit of class, from a world class player. Thats what happens in this league.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll just have to quote myself from the Stephens thread...

I can only concur. Albeit it isn't half the forum, it is half the posts. Why is it that the stupidest feel the need to start the most threads? Hang on....I have an idea...

look.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports