Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Matty boy was never good enough for Valencia. Gary Neville has even said that, he just never made the grade there and couldn't force his way into being first choice keeper despite banging down the door to management. Which made it all the more strange that he signed for us in the first place.

It's clearly Matt's choice to not play second fiddle. Good luck to him. I guarantee he won't play first choice for a bigger or better club than Brighton.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Lol I’m not sure I’d be quoting Gary Neville...he was sacked by the same club

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I like Ryan and I hope Maty gets a decent move this month. This is dragging out now and provoking conversations that start to taint his time with us - which is a massive shame, and somewhat unfair on him.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Sad to say we look a much better outfit defensively without Maty.

Thank you for all the wonderful saves and being a great ambassador for the club. Time to move on; Sanchez is head and shoulders above Ryan, literally.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I like Ryan and I hope Maty gets a decent move this month. This is dragging out now and provoking conversations that start to taint his time with us - which is a massive shame, and somewhat unfair on him.

Going to Arsenal. Interesting move - isn’t he likely to be back-up there ?
Good move for us - more likely all/most of his wages will be covered I suspect
Good luck Maty.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I remember more times that was praised for excellent saves than the few times he was criticised ( once he settled )
Loaned to Arsenal? .... well good luck to him. I never see the value of loans to rivals in the same division. It might be in our interests for them to lose to someone. If he played he would be acting against us... still, it is done so that’s that

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A shocking mistake by Arsenal goalkeeper Leno must have helped Maty Ryan's chances of getting a permanent deal with the Gunners.

Every Arsenal fan must be asking why on earth did they sell Martinez to Villa?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A shocking mistake by Arsenal goalkeeper Leno must have helped Maty Ryan's chances of getting a permanent deal with the Gunners.

Judging Bernd Leno on one mistake? even the greatest of keepers have the odd blunder in them, even big ones.

He is still a good keeper, and Maty will have to work hard to dislodge him next season, that's if they want to sign him of course.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Martinez didn’t exactly cover himself in glory in a match against WH earlier in the season and indeed I’d say was partly at fault for one of City’s goals during the week...Doesnt make him a bad goalie....like Leno isn’t after tonight

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Judging Bernd Leno on one mistake? even the greatest of keepers have the odd blunder in them, even big ones.

He is still a good keeper, and Maty will have to work hard to dislodge him next season, that's if they want to sign him of course.

In advance negotiations.apparently.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

[tweet]1211312896346644481[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here