Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stephens

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Bissouma might get a start as straight replacement. Like the rest of us, suspect GP not sure whether he has a player on his hands, or what, so this is a chance to see.

Im not sure this would be the game to bring him back in to start... But i trust GP much more than I trust my own judgement !

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
In the Times today Dale is listed as the fourth most completed passes by a midfielder in the PL this season to date.

They say he is a pivotal figure for the team

Great to see the recognition for someone who is one of the first names on the team sheet for Chris H and Graham P

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In the Times today Dale is listed as the fourth most completed passes by a midfielder in the PL this season to date.

They say he is a pivotal figure for the team

Great to see the recognition for someone who is one of the first names on the team sheet for Chris H and Graham P

Under Potter Stephen's has grown as a player now the CH shackles have been removed. He is markedly better this season

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Bissouma is the one who frustrates me the most. Seems to over hit everything, incapable of using his left foot, likes to shoot from ridiculous range and throws himself to the ground like a prat.

What's frustrating the most is he clearly has talent

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bissouma is the one who frustrates me the most. Seems to over hit everything, incapable of using his left foot, likes to shoot from ridiculous range and throws himself to the ground like a prat.

What's frustrating the most is he clearly has talent

Spends half the time running across opposition two banks of 4, 25 yards out, head down, in the belief that he’s going to score a worldie.

There’s a quality player in the making, after he acquires awareness of team-mate and game intelligence.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Spends half the time running across opposition two banks of 4, 25 yards out, head down, in the belief that he’s going to score a worldie.

There’s a quality player in the making, after he acquires awareness of team-mate and game intelligence.

If he just kept with the simple stuff, played the sensible ball and stopped bloody shooting, he really could turn into a top class box to box midfielder. So many times you see him under pressure, in a defensive position, skilfully out trick a player turning defence into attack..... but then he tries his Beckham from the halfway line spectacular.

Like you say, game intelligence is something he really needs to work on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

No one was doubting Stephens a week ago, as he assisted Maupay's goal with a glorious long pass.
Much like Webster's critics were all but silent after Arsenal.

Today was shite, every player was below their own par performance.

Anyone basing today's performance on the season so far is a fool.
Anyone extrapolating performances based on today is a fool.

At best today needs to be noted to see the reaction.
Nothing more.

He had an awful game today, thoughts and prayers for the superfans

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The more I think about yesterday the more worried I become. I think Stephens has been outstanding this season (and indeed before, but better this season), but yesterday he couldn’t pass, didn’t chase, really looked switched off. He was the worst player on the pitch and Ryan and Webster played so badly that wasn’t easy to achieve! Now a good player doesn’t become a bad one overnight, but something was seriously wrong in his mind yesterday and I hope it was a one off.

Now thinking about it - how come Ryan, who also has been outstanding this season, was so poor?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here