Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stephens

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would have liked someone to charge the ball down quicker, but I assume they were all knackered. Let’s be positive eh?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ryan could have done better too - wrong to fault any player tonight though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

True, but after 88 minutes of Dunk and Duffy throwing themselves in the way of everything, for a player to turn his back on a shot is so frustrating ...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
True to form the wrong midfielder being singled out.

It was for Kayal to close down. He also had the opportunity to give us a breather a minute earlier but chose to put it into the stands.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
You just don't turn your back.

86 resolute minutes undone by one moment of schoolboy defending

That’s bollocks. Absolutely no fault attributed to Stephens for that. Fantastic strike from a fantastic player. I thought to a man the team did us proud tonight. Take that into Saturday and we’ll be ok... baffling to single out Stephens ???

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Stephens was excellent today and probably one of his best performances for us in the Prem. He covered so much ground and was disciplined throughout
I also thought his positioning was excellent tonight and he made a lot of interceptions. We have just put in a great defensive display away from home against a quality team and still people want to moan at our players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stephens had a great game, we lost to a great goal. Why does somebody need to take the blame ffs?

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Kayals man. Too slow to press when he approached the 20yrd line.

Overal - a lions effort and we deserved something from it.

We all know other players in the squad would have taken it on the head or in the balls. Stephens didn’t. Plenty others wouldn’t but Stephens reputation as the ultimate hard man in the team? Meh

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don’t think you can blame Stephens tonight. We fought hard and ultimately were beaten by a far better team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’re blaming Stephens? The guys did great tonight and were beaten by a top goal from a quality player! Have a day off:albion2:

More than a day would be my prescription. Sort yourself out, FFS, whould be my first comment. :wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here