Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huge game and a huge test for Hughton Saturday

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He will set up to be solid.
How much we go for it will depend on he Cardiff result.

If They've won we will have to go for the win.
If not a draw will be first priority

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The Fulham Cardiff gamne is on at 3 so we will know the result before kick off. Cardiff win and its a case of 'might as well go for it' because this is realisitically our only winnable game left. Might be forced out of his comfort zone by that result.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We'll need more than the 22% possession and 1 shot on target that we had this evening.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Wasn't the Spurs goal fest a lot of us feared. Shame with such a late goal but we have to move on.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We won’t win and that’s all there is to it. In fact I might go all out on a limb here and say we won’t score either!!

Let’s get on with relegation, a new manager and a new team. I don’t want to watch this one any longer, it’s embarrassing. We shouldn’t be in the PL, it’s not in our DNA and has been the most hopeless, predictive football to watch (relative to the division) since 97/98. Can’t wait to get back into the Champ and see some entertainment again.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
has to go out to win. result at Fulham may determine how much.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Norwich sacked him before their critical game vs Fulham, which they lost (a win would have seen them survive).

I guess we will find out on Saturday if they were justified in chancing a dead cat bounce.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think it will be more about our mentality than anything. We need to outwork and hassle Newcastle and hope that we can produce some quality. We must score the first goal too, so we won't go gun Ho. the crowd need to get behind the team like never before.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've had 2 opportunities to seal the deal, and played like spasticated terrapins witht their legs stapled together.

Then 2 games where we've thrown everything and a B&Q full of sinks at defending, a valiant point and a harsh defeat, in some respects. The crux of the matter, of our football for the last 6 months, is a lack of attacking intent and creativity., no goals and no pressure relief for our defenders.

Having watched that pootube video of CH wandering forward and scoring goals for tottingham (I still hate them) it is clearly not in his DNA to just defend . . . . But he must have a lack of confidence in our players abilities to play like that . . . We could and should play a completely different game on Saturday and surprise Newcastle, they're not that good and Rafa ain't the sharpest tool in the PL box either.

My biggest fear is Cardiff lose and we don't nail it home .. . .thats most likely in my humble opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We won’t win and that’s all there is to it. In fact I might go all out on a limb here and say we won’t score either!!

Let’s get on with relegation, a new manager and a new team. I don’t want to watch this one any longer, it’s embarrassing. We shouldn’t be in the PL, it’s not in our DNA and has been the most hopeless, predictive football to watch (relative to the division) since 97/98. Can’t wait to get back into the Champ and see some entertainment again.
Well, apart from disagreeing with every single word, what a great post!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The Fulham Cardiff gamne is on at 3 so we will know the result before kick off. Cardiff win and its a case of 'might as well go for it' because this is realisitically our only winnable game left. Might be forced out of his comfort zone by that result.

But will have to name the team before the final whistle in the Cardiff game

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So how will he set us up.

To win the game and all but survive... or to not lose and get a 0-0 and take it to the wire.

....I think we all know! :lol:

Yeah, like tonight (7 players started who most thought wouldn't). We know nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here