Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huge game and a huge test for Hughton Saturday

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We won’t win and that’s all there is to it. In fact I might go all out on a limb here and say we won’t score either!!

Let’s get on with relegation, a new manager and a new team. I don’t want to watch this one any longer, it’s embarrassing. We shouldn’t be in the PL, it’s not in our DNA and has been the most hopeless, predictive football to watch (relative to the division) since 97/98. Can’t wait to get back into the Champ and see some entertainment again.

Bollocks. Fact.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not if we score with that one shot, and defend like we did tonight!

With a grand total of 1 shot on target in the last 2 games, let's hope it goes in.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
What makes you think we will suddenly change form/tactics? If we couldn’t get up for the Cardiff game why will Newcastle be any different from any of the games this year!
Hughton hasn’t got it in him to motivate a win! I can’ see Cardiff picking up 6 points as they have a manager and players with motivation!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I agree, but this is football . . . . We might lose on Sat or just draw, and then go an do the Arse 3-1. Brighton likes a bit of Arse, easy prey

What makes you think we will suddenly change form/tactics? If we couldn’t get up for the Cardiff game why will Newcastle be any different from any of the games this year!
Hughton hasn’t got it in him to motivate a win! I can’ see Cardiff picking up 6 points as they have a manager and players with motivation!

Jimmy Grimble

Spoken to a couple of Fulham friends who are both very sure their players will want to take Cardiff down with them. Think there is some bitterness from last season there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We won’t win and that’s all there is to it. In fact I might go all out on a limb here and say we won’t score either!!

Let’s get on with relegation, a new manager and a new team. I don’t want to watch this one any longer, it’s embarrassing. We shouldn’t be in the PL, it’s not in our DNA and has been the most hopeless, predictive football to watch (relative to the division) since 97/98. Can’t wait to get back into the Champ and see some entertainment again.

Wow.

The footballs clearly not been great, but then we are in an almighty scrap. Hughton did EXACTLY the same when he first arrived here - set us up to be hard to beat, playing some dreadful football, and it just about stopped us dropping into League One. It doesn't matter how you get the points by this stage, you just have to get over the line. Yes its been shithouse since the turn of the year, the new signings have not performed, the last 2 home games have been truly gruesome. But that whole inquest is for the summer. Right now its all about salvaging the season and saving ourselves.

I will ALWAYS want to see us playing at the highest level, otherwise whats the point ? The Championship is a great league, but it is still a means to an end - the entire objective is to get OUT of it (going the right way, obvs). I'll still be there regardless what league we're in next August, but the mentality of "lets just go and get relegated so we can win more games next season" is utter bobbins. We'd be winning games just to try to get back to WHERE WE ARE NOW.

The PL is not the be-all and end-all, far from it. But I certainly don't want to see us drop out of it just yet.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The issue for me is that we are incapable of attacking football. Even against Huddersfield we were nervy. Against Palace we got lucky with two counter attacks.

We haven’t shown guile in front of goal for far too long. We know how to defend, but little else. And when we do go forward, our defensive line looks exposed.

We really need to play a little higher up the pitch, but that’s not going to happen, so Murray is going to be isolated again. Unless a March/Knockeart pairing starts with instructions to push forward, and unless our midfield is instructed to turn and attack, then I can’t see us doing anything other than being conservative and hoping for a break.

God help us if they score first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

An occupational hazard of playing successfully is that you get promoted, which is why we are here.

We are adapting, or trying to, that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

So how will he set us up.

To win the game and all but survive... or to not lose and get a 0-0 and take it to the wire.

....I think we all know! :lol:

I really don't want the wire.

I don't trust that shifty Warnock not to win all 3 matches or win 2 and draw against Man u.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Wow.

The footballs clearly not been great, but then we are in an almighty scrap. Hughton did EXACTLY the same when he first arrived here - set us up to be hard to beat, playing some dreadful football, and it just about stopped us dropping into League One. It doesn't matter how you get the points by this stage, you just have to get over the line. Yes its been shithouse since the turn of the year, the new signings have not performed, the last 2 home games have been truly gruesome. But that whole inquest is for the summer. Right now its all about salvaging the season and saving ourselves.

I will ALWAYS want to see us playing at the highest level, otherwise whats the point ? The Championship is a great league, but it is still a means to an end - the entire objective is to get OUT of it (going the right way, obvs). I'll still be there regardless what league we're in next August, but the mentality of "lets just go and get relegated so we can win more games next season" is utter bobbins. We'd be winning games just to try to get back to WHERE WE ARE NOW.

The PL is not the be-all and end-all, far from it. But I certainly don't want to see us drop out of it just yet.
Spot on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So as I see it we need to match Cardiff's results for the next 3 games and can afford to drop 3 pts.

Fulham v Cardiff - Draw
Brighton v Newcastle - Draw

Cardiff v Palace - Cardiff Win
Arsenal v Brighton - Brighton Lose

Brighton v Man City - Brighton Lose
Man Utd v Cardiff - Cardiff Lose

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

If Fulham and Palace can do us a favour, then even better.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Hopefully you won’t bother coming ...oh hang on you’ve said you don’t want to watch any longer ...good ..you won’t be missed

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I would not be surprised if Cardiff get something at Fulham maybe a point.I think we are going to have to beat Newcastle.I just can’t see us getting any other points whereas Cardiff have some hope in all their games.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We were good against Cardiff until they scored and we really should have had a penalty on 10 mins when Dunk was pulled down. So 3 points is possible if we can get some energy in the team so can defend like tonight but also have some cutting edge.

Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Stephens
March Bissouma AK
Murray Andone

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We were good against Cardiff until they scored and we really should have had a penalty on 10 mins when Dunk was pulled down. So 3 points is possible if we can get some energy in the team so can defend like tonight but also have some cutting edge.

Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Stephens
March Bissouma AK
Murray Andone

My worry is if Newcastle score first, we seemed to fall apart once Cardiff.... and Bournemouth did that. We need to keep it tight and get one on the break.

View from the Pier

Feb 27, 2019
So as I see it we need to match Cardiff's results for the next 3 games and can afford to drop 3 pts.

Fulham v Cardiff - Draw
Brighton v Newcastle - Draw

Cardiff v Palace - Cardiff Win
Arsenal v Brighton - Brighton Lose

Brighton v Man City - Brighton Lose
Man Utd v Cardiff - Cardiff Lose

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

If Fulham and Palace can do us a favour, then even better.

Palace have done us favours all season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here