Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huge game and a huge test for Hughton Saturday

Stumpy Tim

Cardiff have played "as if their lives depended on it" for months now, and lost 8 of their last 9.

No they haven’t. They beat us and West Ham. They’ve also played Chelsea (should have beaten them), Liverpool and Man City. Their worst performances were the first two games in that run. Truth is, they’re probably playing their best football this season at the moment

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No they haven’t. They beat us and West Ham. They’ve also played Chelsea (should have beaten them), Liverpool and Man City. Their worst performances were the first two games in that run. Truth is, they’re probably playing their best football this season at the moment

Hmmm.

These are a good side.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the cup run hid the fact that we really haven't played that well in 2019.

If you look at our last decent run:

Beat Huddersfield
Beat Palace
Beat Millwall on pens

How much decent football did we actually play in those 3 games? I'd argue about 40 minutes' worth. Hudds we were very poor first half and Andone changed the game. Palace was a professional job, scored with our two shots on target, and against Millwall we were dreadful.

Everton at home was arguably our last really decent 90 min performance, although you could almost put Wolves and Spurs in there too, for what they were...

Watford was the other one in which we played really well I thought, would have won comfortably if not for a match saving performance from Foster.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sums you up that you feel enormous pleasure to serve up a big fat I told you so, to who exactly, a whole variety of different posters on an internet forum? What delight you must have in your footballing genius.

I actually started a thread about the mistake January was and our transfer policy. Said early in the season after many were going ga ga over Balogun that I didn't think he was anywhere near good enough, and that cover for D&D was an issue. That massive question marks remained over our fullbacks not contributing enough to our attacks. etc. etc. You think you saw issues before anyone else, I mean frankly that is quite funny, still if it makes you feel better in our current predicament, fill your boots.

Only to you. Because you troll me, are abusive when I try to be civil and because you can’t admit when you’re wrong. In such a scenario it does make me feel righteous and in yer face Boldy because frankly it’s too good an opportunity to miss! Knowing it must hurt or annoy you to be schooled as such. Oh and Btw, don’t confuse enjoying this moment with enjoying the clubs predicament as you’re trying to make it appear. Far from. That’s entirely different. Now do me a favour and feck off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thought they were quite awful against us. We handed it to them, they offered next to nothing......

Stumpy Tim

Thought they were quite awful against us. We handed it to them, they offered next to nothing......

I didn’t say they were good, just that the statistics were wrong. They’ve won 2 out of the past 9, though they’ve also won 4 in the past 11.

I predict they will win one more game this season, and maybe draw another.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Only to you. Because you troll me, are abusive when I try to be civil and because you can’t admit when you’re wrong. In such a scenario it does make me feel righteous and in yer face Boldy because frankly it’s too good an opportunity to miss! Knowing it must hurt or annoy you to be schooled as such. Oh and Btw, don’t confuse enjoying this moment with enjoying the clubs predicament as you’re trying to do. Far from. That’s entirely different.

Troll you or absuse you!? What are you like, honestly, get over yourself. I've actually given you reasons and explanations and you simply don't want to acknowledge or listen, so you drag it down to a level where, like my 8 year old, you say 'in yer face' to win an argument. As you can see from posts to other people, I'm neither bothered, hurt or annoyed by your posts. Like I said before, quite funny how you react, even more so now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I didn’t say they were good, just that the statistics were wrong. They’ve won 2 out of the past 9, though they’ve also won 4 in the past 11.

I predict they will win one more game this season, and maybe draw another.

Any of those consecutive?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
that's bollocks.

Cardiff we started on the front foot and attacking. It just went against us and we were poor.

I fully expect us to be on the front foot again.

Hughton has managed to get the defensive steel back in us and has all the players finally fighting for this.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM !!

How is it bollocks? We haven’t scored for 6 (six) games!! I could count the number of shots on those games on one hand!
It didn’t ‘just go against us’ against Cardiff! We got we deserved ...... nothing! We amassed 1 shot on target!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Troll you or absuse you!? What are you like, honestly, get over yourself. I've actually given you reasons and explanations and you simply don't want to acknowledge or listen, so you drag it down to a level where, like my 8 year old, you say 'in yer face' to win an argument. As you can see from posts to other people, I'm neither bothered, hurt or annoyed by your posts. Like I said before, quite funny how you react, even more so now.

Alright Victor Mature. The irony of a troll saying he’s not but in the same sentence saying how much of a kick you get from my reaction....I guess that passed you by when you were being oh so grown up.

I hardly remember anyone on NSC in terms of barneys with because as quickly as you do you’re laughing or agreeing with their next post. Certainly don’t keep tabs. But I’ve noticed you over a period of time. And not in a good way. Always having a pop, no matter what subject matter is. So can I kindly ask you stick me on your ignore list if you take issue with everything I say. Go read your 8 year old a story. Far better use of time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What is definitely legendary was his terrific forward pass to AK for the last goal we scored this season, and probably our best goal this season (well there's not been many).

Another example of why the term legend is much over used in it all ;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is definitely legendary was his terrific forward pass to AK for the last goal we scored this season, and probably our best goal this season (well there's not been many).

Wasting your time

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Alright Victor Mature. The irony of a troll saying he’s not but in the same sentence saying how much of a kick you get from my reaction....I guess that passed you by when you were being oh so grown up.

I hardly remember anyone on NSC in terms of barneys with because as quickly as you do you’re laughing or agreeing with their next post. Certainly don’t keep tabs. But I’ve noticed you over a period of time. And not in a good way. Always having a pop, no matter what subject matter is. So can I kindly ask you stick me on your ignore list if you take issue with everything I say. Go read your 8 year old a story. Far better use of time.

I never said I got a kick, just said it was funny. You’re not keeping tabs but noticed over a long period of time, I can’t really remember replying to you before. I’ve not got anyone on ignore, I’m not starting now just because of your overreaction.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I wasn’t being sarcastic. I’m genuinely intrigued by all this hope that we’ll beat Newcastle when to do this I know we have to score a goal and have proven beyond doubt that we can’t do this. Just looking for evidence, real data to substantiate such claims. Otherwise frankly they deserve contempt, sarcasm etc because people are talking out of their arses. There is nothing to suggest we’ll score and get 3 points against Newcastle. A nil nil is what I’m hoping for and a Cardiff defeat obviously.

We have won nine games by scoring more goals than the opposition. Not many admittedly but enough to win nine games. The goal scoring touch could easily return on Saturday for the last "winnable" game of the season.

Glass half full me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Watford was the other one in which we played really well I thought, would have won comfortably if not for a match saving performance from Foster.

We were good against Burnley too. One Dunk slip and one shocking decision (which was immediately followed by them going down the other end of the pitch and winning a penalty) obscured many to that,but Heaton was probably even better than Foster was in the previous game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here