Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Does visiting the new-build WHL really count as a new ground ticked off?

C5wqvRtWgAAisZW.jpg

If it was built on a different site then undoubtedly so, but they do overlap and even the pitches overlap slightly in which case, can it really be counted as a new ground visited?
You wouldn't count the Molineux of the 1970s as a different ground simply because it's since had four new stands and the pitch moved a stand's width to one side.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It’s a bit of a contentious one this. I’d say that it counts on the basis that that more than 50% of both old and new structures existed at the same time - that’s not possible if you’re simply redeveloping a ground.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, only thing the same is the address.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Yes of course. If you knocked down your house and built a new one on the same site you'd be inviting people round to your new house and I doubt your friends would be questioning if it really is a new house or not.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Yes of course. If you knocked down your house and built a new one on the same site you'd be inviting people round to your new house and I doubt your friends would be questioning if it really is a new house or not.

Not quite in this case, more like knocking down your house, and also 3 other neighbouring properties and building a new house on the combined footprint of those 4 sites. There is no way that the end result could be mistaken for the old house so of course it counts as a new ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here