Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong named in Guardian PL team of the weekend

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Not sure if anyone has already posted this

Great performance at Wolves

Fair play to the man who has always given his all and since promotion the story of our fullbacks has mirrored much of our recruitment

Bruno/ Schelotto/ Montoya/ Bruno
Bong/ Sutner/ Bernardo/ Bong

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Little harsh on Bernardo, arguably been one of our best players this season.

Bong was very good on Saturday though.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I love Gaetan. Great servant to the club.

I know he has his detractors, but ask him to defend for his life and there are few better.
Hopefully he keeps the shirt tonight.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bong was excellent and rarely lets us down despite his limitations.

But if we want to progress as a side then Bernardo is the way forward. He has also been generally excellent and will only get better.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bong was excellent and rarely lets us down despite his limitations.

But if we want to progress as a side then Bernardo is the way forward. He has also been generally excellent and will only get better.

Agree with this, Bong has been a brilliant servant to the club, but is only a Championship level IMO
Bernardo along with Bissouma, both raw talent, that need to blossom.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Little harsh on Bernardo was has arguably been one of our best players this season.

Bong was very good on Saturday though.

Not harsh on Bernardo at all. Poor against Bournemouth and repeatedly turned inside rather than release the winger against Cardiff. I mentioned against Cardiff that we needed Bong back for Wolves. We can't just stick with players regardless of form and Bernardo has slipped lately just when we need a disciplined defence. Bernardo will get his chance again and remains a fine prospect.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Not harsh on Bernardo at all. Poor against Bournemouth and repeatedly turned inside rather than release the winger against Cardiff. I mentioned against Cardiff that we needed Bong back for Wolves. We can't just stick with players regardless of form and Bernardo has slipped lately just when we need a disciplined defence. Bernardo will get his chance again and remains a fine prospect.

I think that is EXACTLY what we have done for several months, sadly.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not sure if anyone has already posted this

Great performance at Wolves

Fair play to the man who has always given his all and since promotion the story of our fullbacks has mirrored much of our recruitment

Bruno/ Schelotto/ Montoya/ Bruno
Bong/ Sutner/ Bernardo/ Bong

Wow, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pleased for him, I noticed Duffy in the PL team of the week from Shearer but he's been more widely praised.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Left side of midfield is a weak point. We can play Bong and Bernardo.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I love Gaetan. Great servant to the club.

I know he has his detractors, but ask him to defend for his life and there are few better.
Hopefully he keeps the shirt tonight.

Bong is one of our best defenders. The problem is going forward on the left hand side when he's playing, but as that doesn't matter tonight he should definitely start.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This goes to reiterate my view of Bong against Wolves he is a better defender t
han Bernardo so perhaps as my suggestion for tonight's team we should consider playing Bernardo as defensive left midfield in the 2 away games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here