Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a 1-0 defeat tonight now (to preserve our GD)?

Would you take a 1-0 defeat tonight now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
We seriously wouldn't bother doing the 12 hour round trip if we're lucky ! to go anywhere hoping to lose by a slender margin , i know what your saying but i don't think i'd bother with football anymore if it got to a stage we went knowing we would lose , so it's a Mad no from us and it's time to go .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I voted we can get a point.

I fear I may prefer option 1 by the end of the game though :down:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We seriously wouldn't bother doing the 12 hour round trip if we're lucky ! to go anywhere hoping to lose by a slender margin , i know what your saying but i don't think i'd bother with football anymore if it got to a stage we went knowing we would lose , so it's a Mad no from us and it's time to go .

It’s not *hoping* to lose - every Albion fan hopes to win; and surely that’s why we travel to games - we hope we’ll win. The question is about expectations, not hope.

Safe travels - and enjoy the game. Maybe I’ll see you there.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yeah - that’s exactly where I am too. Why didn’t the OP put an extra option somewhere in that never never land between option 1 and option 2?

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely not.

I’m not expecting to win. But I’m not prepared to accept a defeat before a ball has been kicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Unlikely, but we can win this one. There is no I'd take a 0-1 defeat

peterward

Nov 11, 2009

Even winning is not impossible, a bit of man handling from our only corner for a penalty, or an own goal!

Of course we'll probably lose, but up until the final whistle of every game, if any player earning more in a week than most fans do in a year, does not at least try and get a result, what's the point.

I never would, that said, if we draw one game of next 3 and got spanked in the other 2 and Cardiff win one of their next 2....... and we found ourselves last game of season one point ahead and a plus 2 GD, you might find a few more who'd take the 1-0 loss. Cardiff would need the win only.

I still wouldn't

Last edited:

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
If the GD was only 2 or 3, then maybe. But it isn't, so no.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Amongst the stupidest questions i've seen on here. They need a swing of 14 to overhaul our GD. They have 3 fixtures left and we have 4.

The chances of them overhauling our points total are way bigger then them getting up to our GD.

Points are what we need. Our form is appalling, but we are capable of picking something up against Spurs

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd rather lose 3-1 than one nil. I think we need to get this monkey of scoring a goal off our back before Sat. Newcastle is winnable, Spurs with the best will probably isn't. A good account of ourselves plus a goal will do for me, course I will also accept an away win!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely not.

I’m not expecting to win. But I’m not prepared to accept a defeat before a ball has been kicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you'll not be applying for the job of Albion manager when it next comes up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We seriously wouldn't bother doing the 12 hour round trip if we're lucky ! to go anywhere hoping to lose by a slender margin , i know what your saying but i don't think i'd bother with football anymore if it got to a stage we went knowing we would lose
Riiiiiight. I know Goldstone is quite a powerful wizard, but even he can't actually make this happen. This may be a new record for taking something too literally:

'Would you take a point?'
'No, because football wouldn't be fun if it was up to the fans to decide the result.'

WTF?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You should never take a deafeat before a game, however if it does finish 1-0 to Spurs there is no shame in that at all.
Hey, if we're 3 points ahead of Cardiff going to the last game, with a GD 5 better than them, I would take a 1-0 defeat against City (meaning Cardiff need to beat Utd by at least 4), rather than risk letting in 5 against City, leaving Cardiff needing to win by 1.

Not sure about tonight. Spurs are playing so well, I think we have no real chance of a point. The only caveat is if they rest players, but it's so close in the fight for top 4, that I don't think they will. I wish we were playing them Saturday instead.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Our form is appalling, but we are capable of picking something up against Spurs

We’re “appalling”, but capable of a point (at least) against this season’s Champions League semi finalists, away. I think you might need to decide which of your assertions you believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here