Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Comments on daunting evening

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well here's what I think.

Having a go is the most important thing. Even if we don't get anything from the game. Right from the first whistle. Effort and energy are a must. Leave everything on the pitch. Only if we are brave can we get something. Our season is at stake. Show them what we are made of. Every second of every minute counts.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Parking the bus against Wolves is one thing (even they hit the woodwork twice) but parking the bus against Spurs is another thing altogether.

Spurs usually feel the pressure at the business end of the season, and this is a game they are expected to win comfortably. We need to do what Burnley did last night against Chelsea, which is to defend well, carry a threat on the counter and set pieces and - crucially - frustrate the opposition, using the black arts where necessary.

I can't see any of that happening, particularly as it's all about the Newcastle match on Saturday. I'd start the Reject XI and hope for a miracle.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think lose whichever approach we try.

Our best hope for points is keep them to nil and ride our luck. Look for some quality when we do get forward.................and that's how I think we will play it

If you offered me a 1 goal deficit with 5 to go , I would prob take it . . as would Chris

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Our best hope for points is keep them to nil and ride our luck. Look for some quality when we do get forward.................and that's how I think we will play it

If you offered me a 1 goal deficit with 5 to go , I would prob take it . . as would Chris

Quality.................

Ah yes, I remember :)

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
" All we're saying , is give us a goal "

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Yup, think it'll likely be similar to the FA Cup Semi v City - just try to stay in the game as long as possible.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
To be absolutely negative minimising the negative GD will be the priority given the relative points difference between us and Cardiff.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Well here's what I think.

Having a go is the most important thing. Even if we don't get anything from the game. Right from the first whistle. Effort and energy are a must. Leave everything on the pitch. Only if we are brave can we get something. Our season is at stake. Show them what we are made of. Every second of every minute counts.

For England and St George on St Georges day - we need a bit of blood and passion - "once more unto the breach my friends , once more "
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'
Well it must be noted that Harry isnt playing which could be handy
Same old same old for me - sit back , defend , one chance . 2-0 spurs .

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
GD is massive for us, it's our thin cushion that we need to hold onto. Cardiff fans are hoping we ship 10 goals in the last few games but I can't see that happening now.

We surely have to score a goal at some point! Why not tonight? Whether it'll be enough for a point or 3 I'm not sure!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is not a snowflakes chance in hell of hughton changing the tactics for this game. I am expecting a fleet of busses to be stationed in front of the goal line and Murray to be stationed as the further most player, on the 18yeard line outside our box.

Of course I may be mistaken and he looks at the example of woy who sends his team out to have a go against the top teams....seems to work for them at times, but maybe they are a far better team than us?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Spurs usually feel the pressure at the business end of the season, and this is a game they are expected to win comfortably. We need to do what Burnley did last night against Chelsea, which is to defend well, carry a threat on the counter and set pieces and - crucially - frustrate the opposition, using the black arts where necessary.

i see a flaw in this plan...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There is not a snowflakes chance in hell of hughton changing the tactics for this game. I am expecting a fleet of busses to be stationed in front of the goal line and Murray to be stationed as the further most player, on the 18yeard line outside our box.

Of course I may be mistaken and he looks at the example of woy who sends his team out to have a go against the top teams....seems to work for them at times, but maybe they are a far better team than us?

Maybe

they certainly have plenty of pace, which we don't.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
100% This

And the same again for the next 3.

And after all the years trying to get to the holy grail of the supposedly best league in the world, It has come to this!

And if we stay up this is all we have to look forward to....hoping to be so defensive we get single points!

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Set up to not concede.

Concede.

Go even more defensive.

Concede again.

Concede again.

80 mins.

ATTACK!

3-0.

'Difficult place to get a result. We don't have the quality. Needed to keep things tighter.'

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
I think we should go for a bit of this action, get the 10 biggest outfield players and wedge them in for 90.

img-11-men-on-the-line-to-defend-a-free-kick-795.jpg

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
Much the same side as at Wolves for me with the exception of Andone (if fit) for Murray. Nothing seemed to go Glenn on Saturday so he would cut a far more lonely figure against Spurs.

I'm not sure we need 2 wingers? I'd be quite happy with just March and instead of Izzy to stick Bernardo or Bissouma on the other side of midfield, both will be better defensively.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here