Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Totenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Because CH abandoned his proven principles of deep and mass defence, by changing tactics so that our FB’s and CM’ers were pushed upfield. Enabling Bmuff, Stains, Burnley and even FFS Cardiff to pick us off. Overloading poor old Dunk and Duffy.

Interesting comment from CH before the game stating 'we've shown we're not good enough to play that way' when asked whether we might play a bit more attacking. Not sure if he meant just against the top teams or not but interesting to hear him say that nonetheless

D

Deleted member 2719

Andone, love him to bits, is a very aggressive player. I'm surprised Chris kept him on as long as he did with the yellow. Absolutely first class team pix and subs tonight in my not very humble opinion.

Let's see Flozza starting again Saturday in the monster monster survival fest: us versus the (on the) Beach Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW0YGC68qP4

I agree he is aggresive but so is Murray its just he does it in slow motion.

Not the right time to start blaming, thought better of you than that.

Remarkable effort
Silly pop - can both be a remarkable effort and an individual error, this is a free speech forum and if you don't want to read honest commentary on the game then there are plenty of other happy clappy threads on here that clearly advertise what they are about (and I was defending Ryan!)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You live in Malta. Pointless discussing with someone like you who can brush off a defeat on tv with ease. Try having a season ticket. You would feel differently.

071f05f72f949420a9958a03d60b46e8.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting comment from CH before the game stating 'we've shown we're not good enough to play that way' when asked whether we might play a bit more attacking. Not sure if he meant just against the top teams or not but interesting to hear him say that nonetheless

I heard him say something similar recently. He knows our (relatively very low budget) squad limitations, and chisels out our necessary points accordingly. IMO against all teams. Don’t expect all out attack against Newcastle, he’ll try to engineer a result.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think what I am trying to say is is no use whatever upping our performance (and losing in any case) against a Champions League Team away having being utterly shit in the past three very winnable home games.

You're completely right if we're all honest. Let's see if tonight's performance gives us the boost and kick on we need to take into Saturday. It'll be so disappointing if we put in another limp display. I feel more confident now that we won't though

... Whether we can remember how to score remains to be seen though!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree he is aggresive but so is Murray its just he does it in slow motion.

Yes, which is why Andone was on a yellow and Murray takes 70 mins plus to get a yellow.

Are you following this? Sometimes I wonder whether your attention span precludes even a conversation let alone an argument :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Silly pop - can both be a remarkable effort and an individual error, this is a free speech forum and if you don't want to read honest commentary on the game then there are plenty of other happy clappy threads on here that clearly advertise what they are about (and I was defending Ryan!)

One thing I'm not is a happy clapper but after that monumental defending display I do find it hard to try to find a "mistake" to pin the blame on the goal.

The only comment I would make if I'd seen half the effort we've witnessed in the last 2 games, in the last three at home we would all be planning for next season in the PL.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, which is why Andone was on a yellow and Murray takes 70 mins plus to get a yellow.

Are you following this? Sometimes I wonder whether your attention span precludes even a conversation let alone an argument :shrug:

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] openly admits on NSC that he can’t stand Muzza, so would be hugely disappointed that he played at any stage tonight.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That was an awful watch. The game in 78 was not as bad.

One thing I'm not is a happy clapper but after that monumental defending display I do find it hard to try to find a "mistake" to pin the blame on the goal.

The only comment I would make if I'd seen half the effort we've witnessed in the last 2 games, in the last three at home we would all be planning for next season in the PL.
Again I'm not trying "hard" to do anything but analyse how we lost the game, certainly no harder than you taking your frustrations rather randomly out on other posters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hughton:

"There are some games where you think the other team are going to open you up and the longer the game went they were pushing bodies forward but I thought we were going to get a point."

"We had opportunities to manage the game better at the end and those are the details that are crucial against a team of the quality of Tottenham."

"That pressure is something we've put on ourselves. We've got three games and we have to make sure we get enough points to secure our status in this division. The pressure comes with the territory and we'll have to deal with it."

"We've found it difficult in the opposition half and the final third. What we have done is got back to ourselves in terms of resilience. We've never been big goalscorers but in whichever way we can we need to get it somehow and we have an opportunity at home against Newcastle on Saturday."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/47631220

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Bissouma had a great game imho, and with that run from Bernardo..... He looks like he could play further up the pitch in midfield?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] openly admits on NSC that he can’t stand Muzza, so would be hugely disappointed that he played at any stage tonight.

So he does. Any more of his illogical tedious nonsense and I'll have to put him on ignore. Sussex nobhead will be next. Anyone who is unable to have watched tonight's match and not understand what has happened (and why it is encouraging) needs to enroll for an evening class. I would be hapy to write the syllabus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here