Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Totenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I sincerely hope that we don’t adopt that approach at home, but for last night, against a superior side, and, bearing in mind our recent defensive travails, that was a stirring backs to the wall performance. If nothing else it would have done wonders for the team’s bruised and battered morale.
Yeah I hope so. At least one person on here thinks it was worse for our players' morale than has we lost 4-0, but personally I think they'll take the positives from last night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We don’t play football anymore two half arsed attempts on goal. Only positive for me was Andone and Yves, Hughton then takes of the little pace we had. We then break twice with no hope because ****ing useless Murray was on the pitch. We
Did the doctors take him away before he could finish his rant?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Just watched the game courtesy of bein sports having avoided all forms of media ( too late to stay up and watch live). Managed to get to 88 minutes without fast forwarding. I am now freshly gutted and am a day behind you in getting over my grief

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My fear is that heads will drop if we go behind, as long as it’s 0-0 we’ll fight for everything. We have come from behind to win in one game in the Premier League in nearly two seasons, now I fear we can’t even come from behind for a draw. The confidence is completely gone on that front.

Yup. Getting or conceding the first goal on Saturday could make or break our season, genuinely. Our heads went completely after conceding first against Cardiff.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not really sure I understand what he is saying.

Bitter bitter bitter about the Cup quarter final I imagine

Edit -unfortunately Danny Baker Tweet with him going all potty mouthed didn’t appear in the quote above

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yup. Getting or conceding the first goal on Saturday could make or break our season, genuinely. Our heads went completely after conceding first against Cardiff.

Very much this. We actually started well against Cardiff, we were on the front foot, creating chances and putting them under pressure. But then they broke and scored, and the teams mental fragility came roaring back to the fore. We absolutely went to pieces from that moment on, and what is even more worrying is that CH could do absolutely nothing to salvage it during break. We got progressively worse and worse as the confidence visibly drained from us individually and as a collective.

If we concede first on Saturday, then I just don't see there being the leadership or character in the team to pull it round.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Very much this. We actually started well against Cardiff, we were on the front foot, creating chances and putting them under pressure. But then they broke and scored, and the teams mental fragility came roaring back to the fore. We absolutely went to pieces from that moment on, and what is even more worrying is that CH could do absolutely nothing to salvage it during break. We got progressively worse and worse as the confidence visibly drained from us individually and as a collective.

If we concede first on Saturday, then I just don't see there being the leadership or character in the team to pull it round.

If we had been given that penalty (and scored), the confidence we had started to show in the first 20 minutes would have grown - and I think we would have been fine. It really is fine margins isn't it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The game that has caused all of this was winning at Bournemouth in the Cup had we lost we would have played Cardiff instead of the 4th round when we were playing ok and Cardiff were awful, as we are talking ifs and buts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we had been given that penalty (and scored), the confidence we had started to show in the first 20 minutes would have grown - and I think we would have been fine. It really is fine margins isn't it.

We just really, really need to take the lead in a game, just to get that lift and finally give us something to build on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here