Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where can we get another point from?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They were mathmatically safe on Sunday. What we have to hope is that just takes the edge of their mentality going into the game. Yes, they might have a bit of freedom, but equally they could relax a bit too much.

Hard to call it. Fuham suddenly playing with purpose and determination, Palace could conceivably finish 9th if they carry on winning. It's all what ifs, buts, and the like.

Well you've just knocked 75% of the forum posts on the head :moo;

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
funny results at the end of seasons.

I didn't thinkw e would get anything at Wolves.

Fully expecting more twists.

It isn't over though and would like to see the negativity stop after the spurs game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hughton now has justification at this point to play horribly turgid, attritional football away vs Arsenal and Spurs, with most level-headed fans recognising that 0-0 would be a great result in either game.

I wouldn't bet against us managing it in one of the two games.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If we fail against Newcastle having already failed v Burnley, Southampton and Cardiff then we deserve to go down. We have to take advantage of these games and we haven't done enough so far at least.

It's in our own hands....

It is still in our hands but I take the view that we will only deserve to go down if we have fewer points (or an inferior goal difference if on the same point total) than the team in 17th

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
funny results at the end of seasons.

I didn't thinkw e would get anything at Wolves.

Fully expecting more twists.

It isn't over though and would like to see the negativity stop after the spurs game.

Even when we are safe (I live in hope) ...people will fully turn to next season and I expect that after the initial relief a fair degree of negativity to continue

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even when we are safe (I live in hope) ...people will fully turn to next season and I expect that after the initial relief a fair degree of negativity to continue

Negativity you say? Well it’s a good job we don’t see any of that on the pitch :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Where could we get a point from? Any of the remaining games, POSSIBLY.

Spurs: Keep it tight like Saturday for a point (as a bonus, I'm sticking to my 1-0 win dream coming true)
Newcastle: Get back to Fortress Amex for a point or maybe more
Arsenal: Bit of an up and down team and have the distraction of European games. We play them three days after their Europa League semi - could be a good for the Albion
Man City: IF (and it's a big if) the title is lost by the time they rock up to the Amex, we might be in with a shout of something against a demoralised team, but one who still have one eye on the Cup final.

I'm not saying that those scenarios WILL play out, but they could. There are points to be had, just need to take it one game at a time... :thumbsup: :albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I really don't get all this concern about us going down??
???
Cardiff are: Away to Fulham - home to Palace - away to Man U - they won't get any points from their last 3 games! at best maybe get a draw at Fulham!
Wanna bet?

I would be wary of being so arrogant about it.
He wasn't being arrogant, just surprisingly confident.

My glass is half full!
Yeah, of vodka. Only half an hour earlier it was full.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And Cardiff are crap. They will not get the 4 points they need to overtake us.
They might only need 3. With Spurs, Arsenal and City to play, our GD could take a hammering.

I was thinking of watching tonight from behind the sofa, but instead I reckon a series of mirrors allowing me the odd glimpse of the carnage might be better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bookies are rarely wrong and we are massive favorites to stay up.
Unfortunately, their odds for relegation at this point are not so much based on probability, but on their book - they'll have taken a lot of money on Cardiff going down, so they won't want more of the same, they'd like to tempt a few people with some money on us.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Tonight is possible.If not,NSC could start looking behind the sofa for that dropped point we know is there somewhere.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Fortunately, Cardiff have to do more than win to stay up. Goal difference means they will need at least a win and a draw to leapfrog us
Absolutely before Saturday they could have drawn 3 games and stayed up but now one of those games has to be a win.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
:fishing:

Spurs 0 pts
Newcastle 3 pts
Arsenal 1 pt
City 1 pt

5 more points

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I actually fancy us for a point tonight. Don’t ask me why, I just fancy us. :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here