Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where can we get another point from?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure it is quite that clear cut.
A point tonight would make the job a lot tougher for them.

I’m just not convinced by Cardiff. They’ve won 6 games all season, and two were against us. I am certain they will not get the 4 points they need.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Bookies are rarely wrong and we are massive favorites to stay up. We have Newcastle at home and its up to us to make the most of that. If we beat them and Cardiff still get the points then fair play, we deserve to go down for the performance v Cardiff at home. It's still in our hands but should've been done and dusted by now and we only have ourselves to blame for that....

The bookies don't remember, like we do, that all we have to do is beat Saints and Cardiff at home and we are safe......................................

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The concern is our run of "easy games" has nearly run out.

A three point return from Burnley, Huddersfield, Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff is pitiful, particularly when you consider that all three of those points came from a side that is on course to be the second worst, measured by points earned, in the Premier League era.

Let's hope Newcastle turn up "on the beach" as opposed to "playing freely and without pressure"...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why is everyone writing off the place game? We know they can play extremely good football, like at city and arsenal, but then again they can play dreadfully, like against us twice.

I think Cardiff will roll them over, get a draw at Fulham and lose to manu. That gives them 4 points.

I think we will get nothing at Spurs and arsenal, draw against Newcastle and if city need to win to become champions, they will dick us badly.

So we escape by goal difference.
That'll do!

I'd prefer it to be a bit less nerve-wracking, but ultimately, that will do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The concern is our run of "easy games" has nearly run out.

A three point return from Burnley, Huddersfield, Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff is pitiful, particularly when you consider that all three of those points came from a side that is on course to be the second worst, measured by points earned, in the Premier League era.

Let's hope Newcastle turn up "on the beach" as opposed to "playing freely and without pressure"...

There are no “easy games” against relegation rivals at the tail end of the season as we have found out to our cost.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think Hughton has to stick to what he knows, and it worked on Saturday (which was a massive point as now Cardiff has to win a game to stay up). The thing with Cardiff is they might be fighting to stay up but they ain't really getting the results. I know they have played top teams but they have 2 wins in the last 9 games.

Fortunately, Cardiff have to do more than win to stay up. Goal difference means they will need at least a win and a draw to leapfrog us

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are no “easy games” against relegation rivals at the tail end of the season as we have found out to our cost.

Well, yes, but most of us thought we'd have enough about us to get more than a solitary positive result from those games: "our home form will mean we'll be OK"...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Aways against the top 6 in the PL :

LLLLLLLLLL

Spurs and Arsenal to come.

This run cannot go on forever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think we can beat Newcastle on Saturday if we turn up. However I think that is our only realistic chance of points for the rest of the season.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think we can beat Newcastle on Saturday if we turn up. However I think that is our only realistic chance of points for the rest of the season.

Like we turned up for Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff? :glare:

And this will be an opposition playing with freedom as no chance they are going down.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We’ve got 4 games left.

Probably from them.

I know three are against strong sides, but this is football. Who the **** knows?

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Hopefully the Spurs players will be trying to save themselves from injury with the Champions league games in mind and not invest too much into the game tonight.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Like we turned up for Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff? :glare:

And this will be an opposition playing with freedom as no chance they are going down.

They were mathmatically safe on Sunday. What we have to hope is that just takes the edge of their mentality going into the game. Yes, they might have a bit of freedom, but equally they could relax a bit too much.

Hard to call it. Fuham suddenly playing with purpose and determination, Palace could conceivably finish 9th if they carry on winning. It's all what ifs, buts, and the like.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we fail against Newcastle having already failed v Burnley, Southampton and Cardiff then we deserve to go down. We have to take advantage of these games and we haven't done enough so far at least.

It's in our own hands....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here