Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where can we get another point from?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Worry for me is I can see Palace scraping a win (and maybe a draw) in their next two games, and us getting nothing, so we would go into the last game reliant on them not winning and us winning which isn't going to happen. We need to be 3 points clear of them with a still-healthy GD on them before the last game - if Man U play like they did against Everton, Cardiff will beat them.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I agree I just dont get this opinion that Palace will throw a game to relegate us the players couldn't give a toss and we are not depending on the always ultras. Palace have an excellent away record this season and will be looking to end on a high with no risk of relegation.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Agreed - With Cardiff hopefully still needing to win, it should also suit Palace's counter-attack threat which (annoyingly in any other game) is rather good. If Palace score 1st, I expect them to win comfortably. If Cardiff do, then Cardiff sitting deep means Palace struggling to break them down. This is why this weekend is so important for us.. we need Cardiff needing to win against Palace for them to lose and get relegated.. clear?

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Can we possibly steal a point from Arsenal? I think with the last 2 Defensive performances it might be possible!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Agreed - With Cardiff hopefully still needing to win, it should also suit Palace's counter-attack threat which (annoyingly in any other game) is rather good. If Palace score 1st, I expect them to win comfortably. If Cardiff do, then Cardiff sitting deep means Palace struggling to break them down. This is why this weekend is so important for us.. we need Cardiff needing to win against Palace for them to lose and get relegated.. clear?

...........cue Zinadine Zaha and his box of penalty area tricks and Luka Milivojevic and his trusty spot kick record

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We recently held Man C and Spurs to 0-1, so why can't we beat Toon?
:albion2:

The number of shots we had in those games should give you a clue. We are currently absolutely USELESS at attacking, in fact we don’t really bother. Look at the shots from Murray and Kayal against Spurs, desperate and frankly pathetic from Premier League footballers. Against Wolves we decided not to even bother trying to attack.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The number of shots we had in those games should give you a clue. We are currently absolutely USELESS at attacking, in fact we don’t really bother. Look at the shots from Murray and Kayal against Spurs, desperate and frankly pathetic.

Think how sweet that goal is going to be when it comes though. Like a glass of water after 2 days lost in the desert.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Think how sweet that goal is going to be when it comes though. Like a glass of water after 2 days lost in the desert.

As long as it’s a goal that puts us in front rather than a consolation :thumbsup:

Did I see correctly that if we don’t score within 14 mins against Newcastle we will have set the record for longest time between goals since Albion records were kept?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As long as it’s a goal that puts us in front rather than a consolation :thumbsup:

Did I see correctly that if we don’t score within 14 mins against Newcastle we will have set the record for longest time between goals since Albion records were kept?

I don't like to think about such things. Are we not stressed enough as it is. :eek:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't like to think about such things. Are we not stressed enough as it is. :eek:

04FC514F-5995-4B49-972D-60DCDB8E240E.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We win Saturday, Cardiff lose, we're on the beach.........players go on the lash, all fans into town for a staying up party. Fantastic - then we lose 5-0 to Arsenal and 9-0 to City as they canter through our hungover centre-backs and we get relegated on GD after Cardiff win their last two games.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Where can we get another point from? Spurs or Arsenal, I suppose, or at the Amex against Newcastle or Citeh. Can't see any other opportunities. Next question ...............

I was hoping for a point against Newcastle however they are playing far better now so its quite likely we are not going to add to our points total

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's not inconceivable.

We win Saturday, Cardiff lose, we're on the beach.........players go on the lash, all fans into town for a staying up party. Fantastic - then we lose 5-0 to Arsenal and 9-0 to City as they canter through our hungover centre-backs and we get relegated on GD after Cardiff win their last two games.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
At the moment I think we’re more likely to get 1 point from Arsenal than any from Newcastle and obviously nothing from City. Can’t see us scoring again this season. Just got to hope Cardiff don’t pick up 5 points from the 3 games.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just found out tonight that the intermediate cup for local golf clubs is the Sunday 12th. Man City game!

Hope we are safe by then as I will be playing golf!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here