Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sri Lanka

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Considering Mrs Chopper is from Sri Lanka, has family there, we returned to marry there on the beach and I know many Sri Lankans, I love the island and its people, culture, food etc, considering all the problems they have had to endure with the civil war and the tsunami it is sensitive for me at the moment, yes.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
is too sensitive for this forum to discuss and it's on the other side of the world and not our problem.

But your entry has knowingly provoked a discussion. My response to which is why you consider its distance to negate any concern from these parts.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
If it had to do with Americans and guns it would be 15 pages by now, but terrorists targeting Christians on Easter Sunday halfway across the world is apparently less significant.

I spent 3 months there in the early eighties, when they still had troops on the streets during their civil war. Still one of my favorite places I have ever visited. I hope all your family and friends are safe RC...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Tragic and devastating. Doesn't matter whether it's Christians or whatever, they're human beings going about their daily lives and enjoying a holiday, and no-one deserves to have this devastation visited on them.

My wife and I went to Sri Lanka for our honeymoon, and have been back twice since – most recently just last week, even staying in a Shangri-La on the south coast, and spending our last night in Negombo just streets away from one of those churches. We effectively missed this by a matter of days, and that brings home just how utterly senseless it is.

Our hearts go out to all who've been affected. Also, it's worth celebrating what a beautiful and incredible country this is, and people these are. I like to look at these holiday snaps from last week and remember that side of Sri Lanka, not what these murdering evil ******** want us to remember…

8411B79E-2DC2-464B-8AA9-4C43FDDBF8F0.gif

IMG_2701.gif

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG-2797.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 18.10.06.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills