Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Train Options For Spurs?

el punal

I’m going up early for this one and spending a bit of time in “the smoke”. As I haven’t been to White Hart Lane for years I would like a bit of advice on the best option for getting away. I hasten to add that away fans are asked to use Northumberland Park station - about 10 minutes walk from the stadium, then train back to Liverpool Street. Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated. Cheers! :drink:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
My plan is to go back to Northumberland, train to Tottenham Hale and Vic line back to Vic. Does NSC think this is the best option?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My plan is to go back to Northumberland, train to Tottenham Hale and Vic line back to Vic. Does NSC think this is the best option?

Why not go to Liverpool Street from Northumberland Park, then walk or get the bus across to London Bridge and pick up a Brighton train from there

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Why not go to Liverpool Street from Northumberland Park, then walk or get the bus across to London Bridge and pick up a Brighton train from there

Am thinking that would take longer? 20 mins to Liverpool street, 20 mins to London Bridge rather than 3 to Tottenham Hale and then straight onto the Vic line. But I may be wrong and probably not much in it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It really is one of the worst grounds to get to. Default option is Seven Sisters tube but it's a long, grim walk to the ground. Tottenham Hale is actually closer but no direct walking route.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
My favoured route over the years has always been London Bridge then either bus (149), walk or cab to Liverpool Street and 22 min train ride to WHL. A cab is about £10 with tip so if there are 3 or 4 of you it is a good option. The 149 will actually take you all the way to the ground in around an hour from London Bridge if you have the time or inclination.

On the way back i go Northumberland Park to Liverpool Street. Or if the first train in terminates at Stratford I jump on that and get the Jubilee to London Bridge.

The Optimist

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Once at Liverpool Street is it not quicker to go to Farringdon? From what I can see all the trains from London Bridge will have come through Farringdon.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Once at Liverpool Street is it not quicker to go to Farringdon? From what I can see all the trains from London Bridge will have come through Farringdon.

Farringdon is a good option on the way back to Brighton. Vic line to Kings X one stop on the Circle/Met. Or overground to Liverpool St and 3 stops to Farringdon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will do the long walk of shame to and from the Sisters

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was initially thinking of walking from Tottenham Hale and back again on the basis that there are two options and the Vic line tube has one every 2 minutes after the game. With Seven Sisters being the next stop I guess it might be harder to get on there. But its a 25 minute walk whereas Northumberland Park is 15 minutes. I'm going back to LB as going to Battle. I'd like to get the 22.50 out of LB otherwise its 23.50. Looks a bit tight.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I was initially thinking of walking from Tottenham Hale and back again on the basis that there are two options and the Vic line tube has one every 2 minutes after the game. With Seven Sisters being the next stop I guess it might be harder to get on there. But its a 25 minute walk whereas Northumberland Park is 15 minutes. I'm going back to LB as going to Battle. I'd like to get the 22.50 out of LB otherwise its 23.50. Looks a bit tight.

22.50 from LB would be extremely tight if you stay to the final whistle mate.

The 21.59 from N.Park to Liverpool Street gets in at 22.19 which is plenty of time to get to LB for 22.50 (20 min walk).
The 21.54 from N.Park to Stratford gets in at 22.12 & then 15 mins on the Jubilee.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Park on St Annes Road ( near to the Green Lanes end) where there are no parking restrictions and take the 341 bus which is 5 or 10 mins away

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
22.50 from LB would be extremely tight if you stay to the final whistle mate.

The 21.59 from N.Park to Liverpool Street gets in at 22.19 which is plenty of time to get to LB for 22.50 (20 min walk).
The 21.54 from N.Park to Stratford gets in at 22.12 & then 15 mins on the Jubilee.

Appreciate your local knowledge. If I leave on the final whistle and walk fast to 7 Sisters what is the earliest I might make Victoria?

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Appreciate your local knowledge. If I leave on the final whistle and walk fast to 7 Sisters what is the earliest I might make Victoria?

If you put your foot down Seven Sisters is 20-25 min walk. The Tube is 17 mins.

Assuming the game ends around 21.35/21.40 in theory you could be at Victoria before 22.30. BUT....it depends on the queue at Seven Sisters. For some games it has been 45 mins but i doubt it will be anywhere near that tonight.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If you put your foot down Seven Sisters is 20-25 min walk. The Tube is 17 mins.

Assuming the game ends around 21.35/21.40 in theory you could be at Victoria before 22.30. BUT....it depends on the queue at Seven Sisters. For some games it has been 45 mins but i doubt it will be anywhere near that tonight.

Thanks.....a large margin of error!

I'll conclude I have a small chance of making the 2247 to Lewes.

Out of interest, why do you think there will be a small q at 7S tonight - I presume the game is sold out?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

Out of interest, why do you think there will be a small q at 7S tonight - I presume the game is sold out?

Also aiming for the 22.47 to Lewes & then the joys of bus replacement to Polegate :facepalm:

N17

Jun 21, 2011

Sold out in terms of tickets bought but i think there will be quite a few ST no shows. We have a lot of home games in succession with 4 of them (Palace, City, Brighton & Ajax) midweek games. Also, IF either Spurs OR Brighton have a decent lead by 80 mins then people will try and 'beat the rush'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here