Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Brighton Cup

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
No, not a new sporting trophy but a suggestion for removing single use plastics.

Apparently Paul B attended a Brighton seminar on ways of reducing plastics.

One suggestion was a reusable Brighton Cup that could be taken to venues throughout Brighton to be refilled. Assuming they have lids, it would solve the bottle cap ban as they could be filled with the soft drink of your choice a and taken to your seat. I am sure no devious miscreants would decant their Harveys.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, not a new sporting trophy but a suggestion for removing single use plastics.

One suggestion was a reusable Brighton Cup that could be taken to venues throughout Brighton to be refilled. Assuming they have lids, it would solve the bottle cap ban as they could be filled with the soft drink of your choice a and taken to your seat. I am sure no devious miscreants would decant their Harveys.

How would it solve the bottle top ban given the reason for the ban. A cup filled with liquid with a lid will cause more harm to a player if thrown than one without a lid.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How would it solve the bottle top ban given the reason for the ban. A cup filled with liquid with a lid will cause more harm to a player if thrown than one without a lid.

Get your point but it’s not only players that can get hurt

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Might be why they are allowing things like vapour reusable/washable 'bottles' with top

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
could they be attached to a string which goes up your sleeve and down the other one......the lid could be attached to the other end.....this would make it impossible to luzz

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Apparently Paul B attended a Brighton seminar on ways of reducing plastics. .

One suggestion was a reusable Brighton Cup

I do like the idea of someone going around, capturing the plastics and chucking them in a massive cup.

But lets be realistic and simple-

Refuse entry for anyone who's purchased a half n half scarf from outside ground.

If clean, then question their knowledge of the club before they get in line.

Once at the gate, show them a picture of Gary Hart and ask them who it is.

Pass all 3 and they're allowed to enter the ground.

PS respect to Paul Barber for getting involved in this.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Might be why they are allowing things like vapour reusable/washable 'bottles' with top

Are they? I haven't seen any nor any statement from the club about that. Not only is it annoying and dirty to have the top off the bottle, but it rankles with me that it is rendered useless as it can only be single use without it.

Are they? I haven't seen any nor any statement from the club about that. Not only is it annoying and dirty to have the top off the bottle, but it rankles with me that it is rendered useless as it can only be single use without it.

But surely if everyone put a unique reference number on the bottle lid they could then leave it in a special area outside the ground and collect it after the game, thus the bottle would be saved to use again. For every problem there is a solution :)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I’d like to see the reusable plastic cups that are used at the cricket ground introduced.

Charge £2 on top of the price of the drink at first purchase and then encourage people to return the cup for washing/reuse each time to avoid paying another £2.

Also, Dick’s bar and the lounges really should be serving in glass.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I've taken one to the last two home games..and one of the stewards said she had checked it with the club after someone else had started using one

note my linking it to PB was tongue in cheek

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
"This page can't be displayed".

7009a0348e954873edfac6d2ed86db14.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills