Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky to start on Sat & repay his red card

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
FWIW, I would go bench tomorrow - impact sub, if needed (and probably will be!), on 70 - 80 minutes (you know, the usual time!) Longer term, I think he might be one to go in the summer - yes, he's occasionally brilliant, but unfortunately 'occasionally' is the operative word. I'm sure there are Championship teams with ambition to get promoted who would pay a few million for him, so maybe time to cash in.

After all, I think that's where his level is - top Championship but not quite regular PL - as Leicester decided several years ago now. Just my opinion - I'm sure some will disagree, so there's no need to tell me!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
FWIW, I would go bench tomorrow - impact sub, if needed (and probably will be!), on 70 - 80 minutes (you know, the usual time!) Longer term, I think he might be one to go in the summer - yes, he's occasionally brilliant, but unfortunately 'occasionally' is the operative word. I'm sure there are Championship teams with ambition to get promoted who would pay a few million for him, so maybe time to cash in.

After all, I think that's where his level is - top Championship but not quite regular PL - as Leicester decided several years ago now. Just my opinion - I'm sure some will disagree, so there's no need to tell me!

Ain’t gonna happen. He’s suspended.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

22nd best player in the PL for creating chances definitely not PL quality though :facepalm:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
He will be in the squad for sure, starting XI maybe.

As others have said, beggars cant be choosers, we have so little in the way of effective attacking options that he has to play in the only winnable match left (at least on paper!)

Is it a risk that he’ll lose his mind again? Yes, but probably less so than at any other time as the ban will be fresh in his mind. On that basis I’d start with him vs Newcastle, but my guess is that Hughton will start with him on the bench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would bring Knockaert back into the side on Saturday

We need creativity and a spark. He and Izzy are the only 2 that give us that.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Amazing that Leicester didn't hang on to him then, eh? They seem to know a thing or two (that we don't yet). Still have no problem with my opinion.

They were fighting us all the way for Ali J, so clearly they didn’t have god’s gift in footballing hindsight.

We’ve had him for 3 years now, so we know everything about him. O If Chris thinks he’s good enough, he’ll play.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Would it not be a good idea for Knocky to start against Newcastle and be given the opportunity to repay the club and fans for his ridiculous red card tackle.

He remains our most creative attacking player and would I expect be super keen to make amends.

What do ya all think?

Bissouma makes more dibbles, Gross makes more Key Passes, Murray is fouled more, ALL of the other wingers take more shots...

I don't think he's our most creative player.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If all our wingers are available, I’d be starting Knocky and March every game. Big fan of both them, they both have their faults but overall I think they do offer us creativity, both definitely have that ability and the defensive work CH demands. I really don’t think you can fault either for effort and they both clearly do care. If they were allowed to be, I think both could also do more going forwards but that is not the way we currently play.

Izzy just doesn’t look fit at all and I don’t think it’s worth starting Ali J again this season as he just looks so off the pace. Hopefully he’ll come back stronger next season after a full year in the league and a proper pre season under his belt.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
As much as I love him for his Championship dominating form he has been patchy at best in the Premiership and his attitude or way of expressing frustration is a liability. Gross is coming back to full fitness and Izzy seems to be regaining fitness too so I'd prefer we used those two as a creative/direct running outlet and had a more defensively able Solly on the right.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Bissouma makes more dibbles, Gross makes more Key Passes, Murray is fouled more, ALL of the other wingers take more shots...

I don't think he's our most creative player.

officer_dibble_hoola_hoola_by_policezombie.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here