Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky to start on Sat & repay his red card

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
All points to him starting in my opinion.

Our other wingers (except Solly) are either unfit, carrying injury or well out of form.

It's a big game and he will want to redeem himself.

Whatever you think of his temperament, we must not forget that he ripped up the division below and could do so again. I'd rather not alienate him in case we end up there.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
When he's good he's very good and when he's bad he's awful.

He also prefers to try and go alone spectacularly rather than pass to someone who has an easier attempt to score (though the fact that no-one can score makes this not quite so annoying at the moment).

But when he does have the ball, where is the movement? A static Murray who may just about have made the edge of the penalty box covered by 2 or 3 defenders.........and what else? The midfield aren't allowed to get forward so what option does Knocky have other than to go it alone? It's the lack of options because of Hughton's negativity that has made him "selfish".

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is anyone else not concerned about this? He's been back in the first team squad (match day 16) for almost TWO MONTHS and is still clearly not match fit/sharp.

Absolutely. But then you will be told that "Hughton sees him in training.........blah blah blah". If the manager believes him to be fully fit which he surely must be if he is in the squad, then WTF has happened to him? Was his injury so bad that this is as good as Izzy will ever be now? If so, it would be tragic for him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As much as I love him for his Championship dominating form he has been patchy at best in the Premiership and his attitude or way of expressing frustration is a liability. Gross is coming back to full fitness and Izzy seems to be regaining fitness too so I'd prefer we used those two as a creative/direct running outlet and had a more defensively able Solly on the right.

Be nice if we got the ball to him not in his own half though wouldn't it.... there you go knockaert…. do something 60 yards from the opposition goal....

why don't you score 15 goals like you did in the championship....

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
We need Knocky's energy both defensively and offensively. Despite his negatives I just don't see a goal coming without him playing, at least as an impact sub. He's the only player that excites (Solly 2nd).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here