Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky to start on Sat & repay his red card

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Would it not be a good idea for Knocky to start against Newcastle and be given the opportunity to repay the club and fans for his ridiculous red card tackle.

He remains our most creative attacking player and would I expect be super keen to make amends.

What do ya all think?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We may have to if Izquierdo can't hack it and Ali J doesn't do anything tomorrow night. Hardly ideal, but we don't have a lot of choice at the moment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He absolutely needs to be back in the team. Running at them, having a go.

What happens in the Summer is irrelevant. He'll be an asset against Newcastle, but if he gets all 'knob-end' we just sub him?

scooter1

How soon is now?
After the red card, I’d have said no. But being as we are devoid of creativity right now it may be that he has to start, however he’ll need the calming influence of Bruno behind him. And of course if we pick up any further injuries or knocks after Tuesday, there could be enforced changes

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Very happy with this to happen and I know CH will have him in the squad and will be doing everything in his locker to channel that aggression and desire the right way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He absolutely needs to be back in the team. Running at them, having a go.

What happens in the Summer is irrelevant. He'll be an asset against Newcastle, but if he gets all 'knob-end' we just sub him?

Some players hide when things are going against them, that is absolutely not AK. He is over emotional and it sometimes comes out badly, like against Bournemouth. If we are talking a player you want to give everything AK is your man. The occasional brain freezes are what you get but you also get the goal against Palace.

I bloody love AK, be a sad day when he leaves,

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw a carbon copy of the Cardiff game, if he plays.

'See I can score these worldies into the top corner'.
'I'll get it next time'.
'Maybe next time'.
'But if I pass the ball I can't score a worldie into the top corner'.

'This is getting really frustrating...'

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well, that's just stupid. He's on a long term contract, we can't just cancel it.

We're in a desperate situation and we need to pick a team which gives us the best chance of getting a result, no matter how angry fans or manager are with Knocky, clearly he makes the team

I would tell him that this is his last chance. If he can't produce on Saturday it is the end for him.

Given we are taking about playing full backs as wingers, we ain’t really got an option but to play him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given we are taking about playing full backs as wingers, we ain’t really got an option but to play him

Must have missed that, I thought we were playing wingers as full backs. I’ll never make it as a PL manager

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We may have to if Izquierdo can't hack it and Ali J doesn't do anything tomorrow night. Hardly ideal, but we don't have a lot of choice at the moment

Agree with this. Izzy looked off form and Alireza has hardly delivered for us so far. Seems like our only choice would be Knockaert.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
On the bench, I'd have thought.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Why would you ever want to see him in a Brighton shirt again??

He has proven he is not the type of player you need in a battle.

That tackle stopped any chance of another comeback from 2-0 down. Its not like he hasn't got previous. Everton last season.

Crystal Palace a few weeks ago. A different ref, not in the first minute, he would have walked. 3 points lost, and relagation odds on. The only good thing about that tackle against Bournemouth was he didn't badly injure the opponent.

Sorry, but Knockaet has proven he is a child in a man's body, and sulks and is downright dangerous if he has a little tantrum, so for me I wouldn't want him near a side fighting relegation, as the chances are if things don't go exactly how he wants them too, he will have a sulk or even worse, as we have seen way too many times now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why would you ever want to see him in a Brighton shirt again??
Because he's a good player who wants us to win, and is prepared to run at the opposition.

He has proven he is not the type of player you need in a battle.
No, he's proven the opposite to that. It was a battle against Sheffield Wednesday, and he drove the team forward. Many of our players have made daft tackles at some point. I imagine the coaching team will have talked to him about his mistake and worked out a way forward.

for me I wouldn't want him near a side fighting relegation, as the chances are if things don't go exactly how he wants them too, he will have a sulk or even worse, as we have seen way too many times now.
Well it is a risk, but then so is not playing him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here