Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Tottingham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
very much so as I think that is the result that we can realistically achieve

You're being silly now. Realistically we might be able to keep the score down. A bit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Apologies to Ossie Ardiles but if Bruno and Propper are out injured my team would be:...

Ryan
Montoya.....Duffy ....Dunk...Bong
March...Stephens...Kayal...Bernardo
Gross
Murray​

I would double up Bong and Bernardo instead of Izyquierdo to minimise the threat on the right of Trippier and Son.

Controversial perhaps, but it makes sense to me.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I quite like the idea of Bernardo playing further forward with Bong behind.

I would also go with Andone and save Murray for Newcastle as realistically it offers more chance of a point/s although the Geordies are on a rich vein of form.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I quite like the idea of Bernardo playing further forward with Bong behind.

I would also go with Andone and save Murray for Newcastle as realistically it offers more chance of a point/s although the Geordies are on a rich vein of form.

I'd probably start with Glenn tomorrow night, Spurs have some tall physical forwards, but dependant on how the game is going maybe replace him with Andone if the game opens up

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really don't like the idea of playing two full backs on the same side (and not just for us, I never have).

If you want to play defensive wide midfielders, of those available, I would go March and Izzy. If you want top play more attacking wide players, Locadia or AJ. From that tactical change mid season, CH has been playing one of each (one winger, one attacking wide player).

But I think he'll revert to a more defensive Solly and Izzy (even though Izzy isn't 100%, he's better defensively that Jurgen or AJ).

I would think Kayal for Propper, Montoya for Bruno will be the only changes.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
But I think he'll revert to a more defensive Solly and Izzy (even though Izzy isn't 100%, he's better defensively that Jurgen or AJ).

Spot on! Amazing how we keep a clean sheet and get a point and then many on here want players dropped. I think they earned the shirt on Saturday, so Izzy & March are certainties.

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
I´m getting so tired of seeing Murray as a striker when we know we will play ultra defensive with basically 9 defenders (+1 goalie). We need a solid target player who can fetch the long balls and control the ball until we have enough players to start an attack. Or have a striker who can actually run and put some pressure.

Murray is definitely not a target player. He has zero ball control and loses all duels. His strongest abilities are in the penalty area. But that doesn't help when we don't have players who can get the ball there...

I would probably pick Andone tomorrow. I also want to see Kayal from start - think he was one of the few who played OK last Saturday.

Murray would be a better option against Newcastle.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I´m getting so tired of seeing Murray as a striker when we know we will play ultra defensive with basically 9 defenders (+1 goalie). We need a solid target player who can fetch the long balls and control the ball until we have enough players to start an attack. Or have a striker who can actually run and put some pressure.

Murray is definitely not a target player. He has zero ball control and loses all duels. His strongest abilities are in the penalty area. But that doesn't help when we don't have players who can get the ball there...

I would probably pick Andone tomorrow. I also want to see Kayal from start - think he was one of the few who played OK last Saturday.

Murray is important in defending corners and we get lots against us.
He is basically a set piece defender.

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
Murray is important in defending corners and we get lots against us.
He is basically a set piece defender.

Maybe true. But - we surely shouldn't pick a striker based on that he is an important player in defending corners? Target (as a striker) is to something useful on the other side of the pitch :)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No way should Murray start we may as well just stick him as a 3rd CB if he does , we need Andone right on Vertonghens shoulder and spin the pile of wood inside out , we got away with murder at wolves we won't be as lucky at Spurs unless we give them something to think about at the back , so my exclusive matchday team v Spuds is .

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bong
Kayal
Stephens
Gross
March
Ali J (there is a reason for this but i can't think what it is that makes any rational sense other than Izquierdo looked completely trashed ) .
Andone

Subs Button Murray Bernardo Izquierdo Locadia Bruno BISSOUMA (back with a bang )

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
———————Ryan———————-
Montoya—Duffy——-Dunk———Bong
—————————————————
March——Kayal—Stephens—Bernardo
———————————————-——
———————-Groß————————
———————-Andone———————

Subs
Button
Bruno
Burn
Molumby
Bissouma
Locadia
Murray

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ryan, Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo, Bong, Montoya, Bruno, Burn, Balogun, Schelotto, Murray.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No way should Murray start we may as well just stick him as a 3rd CB if he does , we need Andone right on Vertonghens shoulder and spin the pile of wood inside out , we got away with murder at wolves we won't be as lucky at Spurs unless we give them something to think about at the back , so my exclusive matchday team v Spuds is .

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bong
Kayal
Stephens
Gross
March
Ali J (there is a reason for this but i can't think what it is that makes any rational sense other than Izquierdo looked completely trashed ) .
Andone

Subs Button Murray Bernardo Izquierdo Locadia Bruno BISSOUMA (back with a bang )

I’d be very surprised if Murray starts tomorrow, surely he will be rested ahead of Newcastle. Andone to play v Spurs.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
———————Ryan———————-
Montoya—Duffy——-Dunk———Bong
—————————————————
March——Kayal—Stephens—Bernardo
———————————————-——
———————-Groß————————
———————-Andone———————

Subs
Button
Bruno
Burn
Molumby
Bissouma
Locadia
Murray

Yes, that's what I'd go with as well

It doesn’t matter does it, any combination will get beat. Rest some players for Newcastle probably

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here