Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Tottingham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton will have 1 eye firmly fixed on the selection for the Newcastle game.

So Murray, Groß and Bruno rested ?

Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo

Stephens
Kayal
Bissouma

Jahanbakhsh
Andone
Locadia

el punal

Apologies to Ossie Ardiles but if Bruno and Propper are out injured my team would be:...

Ryan
Montoya.....Duffy ....Dunk...Bong
March...Stephens...Kayal...Bernardo
Gross
Murray​

I would double up Bong and Bernardo instead of Izyquierdo to minimise the threat on the right of Trippier and Son.

Trippier and Son, sound like the family greengrocers in Tottenham High Road - “Get yer ‘taters only a pand a pand!” :D

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Something which would have me pulling my hair out if I had any is our reluctance to put the damn ball in the box. Solly and Izy where doing my head in against Wolves. Every time they got the ball down the wing it was the same thing, check back, wait, ponder, play an over thought pass, lose the ball. The amount of times I thought, here we go, we can create something here - 5 seconds later - having created nothing, we were facing a counter attack. Then Wolves would get the ball in similar areas, get the ball out of their feet and whip it in. Why can't we do that? It's not complicated.

Ever thought that that was precisely what Solly, Izzy and the like were probably told to do, not to cross the ball, by 'Conservative Chris'?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Team prediction.
Plenty of changes, a few rested.
Something like (4-5-1):
Ryan
Montoya, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo
Jahanbakhsh, Gross, Stephens, Kayal, Locadia
Andone

Subs: Button, Bernardo, Burn, Bissouma, March, Izquierdo, Murray

Sub Bernardo for Bernardo after an hour ?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Something which would have me pulling my hair out if I had any is our reluctance to put the damn ball in the box. Solly and Izy where doing my head in against Wolves. Every time they got the ball down the wing it was the same thing, check back, wait, ponder, play an over thought pass, lose the ball. The amount of times I thought, here we go, we can create something here - 5 seconds later - having created nothing, we were facing a counter attack. Then Wolves would get the ball in similar areas, get the ball out of their feet and whip it in. Why can't we do that? It's not complicated.

I think you got it right but some how I think you left something out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ryan Button
Montoya Bruno Balogun Dunk Duffy Burn Bong Bernardo
March Propper Bissouma Kayal Gross Izquierdo
Murray.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ryan
Montoya......Duffy......Dunk......Bong......March......Stephens......Kayal......Bernardo......Gross

Murray​

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agree apart from Ali J - i would play Bernardo instead who gives us better defensive option going backwards and importantly adds pace going forward

I wouldn't, it sends out the wrong message to Izzy and Ali J that they are not trusted.

We have 4 wingers when available, I don't agree with shoe horning primarily a full back into midfield when we have 3 available still.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I wouldn't, it sends out the wrong message to Izzy and Ali J that they are not trusted.

We have 4 wingers when available, I don't agree with shoe horning primarily a full back into midfield when we have 3 available still.

But are they trusted in their defensive duties away from home? I think they could be told to sit back and relax, if it were at home - I would understand. But really, our goal difference at the moment is just as important as a point.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
But are they trusted in their defensive duties away from home? I think they could be told to sit back and relax, if it were at home - I would understand. But really, our goal difference at the moment is just as important as a point.

You have to trust them is my point, and I do, they have both done fine defensively.

We need to at least look like we might carry a threat going forward.

I take it you would happily walk out with a 2 nil defeat now then if it protects the goal difference ?

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
You have to trust them is my point, and I do, they have both done fine defensively.

We need to at least look like we might carry a threat going forward.

I take it you would happily walk out with a 2 nil defeat now then if it protects the goal difference ?

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be. Of course we need to be going forward, but I'm not confident enough in the team and Hughton to pull it off. Maybe that's the risk adverse nature in me. Bournemouth picked us apart on the break, Spurs have the potential to be deadlier. That said, they would have an eye on the Champions league, but I feel they have enough experience to inflict damage irrespective.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be. Of course we need to be going forward, but I'm not confident enough in the team and Hughton to pull it off. Maybe that's the risk adverse nature in me. Bournemouth picked us apart on the break, Spurs have the potential to be deadlier. That said, they would have an eye on the Champions league, but I feel they have enough experience to inflict damage irrespective.

We will never move forward as a side or club if we are happy to go into a game happy to lose by a couple of goals before a ball is kicked.

this is the mentality that means we will always finish in the bottom 5 at best.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
We will never move forward as a side or club if we are happy to go into a game happy to lose by a couple of goals before a ball is kicked.

this is the mentality that means we will always finish in the bottom 5 at best.

For the time being, I believe with appropriate recruitment and perhaps new management willing to bear risk - then we could. If Hughton were to remain, I fear this would be a perpetual cycle, though should Hughton return to the 4-3-3 experiment during preseason and primed the players then perhaps we can move forward with real intent. I just cannot see it happening. The last 4 months have been torrid, players have lost confidence and as have I.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Would bench Murray start with Locadia up front/Gross just behind and then look to bring on Andone later on.

Rationale - Love Murray but in a game when we will have less possession we need someone with more pace that can stretch the game when we do get possession. In the last few weeks, GM hasnt held the ball up well and his touch has been poor. Jurgen has the physical presence, can chase down balls and will give more of an outlet. Andone can then play the last 30 mins when we will likely be launching balls forward which he can chase.

Not a pretty picture of how we would approach the game but one thats needed to get anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here