Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Good night and may your God go with you...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I blocked HWT ages ago
The man has no sense of humour and is right up his own arse

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't get what he wants, He tries to write all this shite in a correct and posh way. At the end of the day he shows himself up as a complete arse. He deleted his post and I caught it. I love Dave Allen, I didn't even need to say his name, all got it. And I watched both links and I was in tears. The man was the funniest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:facepalm:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Despite his constant making fun of religion, he always ended the show with saying " good night and may your god go with you"

Maybe he was not 100% certain there was anything in it :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Despite his constant making fun of religion, he always ended the show with saying " good night and may your god go with you"

You have to look past all this shit we put up with nowadays.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He was scarred from a strict religious upbringing and was atheist as a result......this quote sums up his views....

The hierarchy of everything in my life has always bothered me. I'm bothered by power. People, whoever they might be, whether it's the government, or the policeman in the uniform, or the man on the door—they still irk me a bit. From school, from the first nun that belted me—people used to think of the nice sweet little ladies—they used to knock the **** out of you, in the most cruel way that they could. They'd find bits of your body that were vulnerable to intense pain—grabbing you by the ear, or by the nose, and lift you, and say 'Don't cry!' It's very hard not to cry. I mean, not from emotion, but pain. The priests were the same. And I sit and watch politicians with great cynicism, total cynicism.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He was scarred from a strict religious upbringing and was atheist as a result......this quote sums up his views....

The hierarchy of everything in my life has always bothered me. I'm bothered by power. People, whoever they might be, whether it's the government, or the policeman in the uniform, or the man on the door—they still irk me a bit. From school, from the first nun that belted me—people used to think of the nice sweet little ladies—they used to knock the **** out of you, in the most cruel way that they could. They'd find bits of your body that were vulnerable to intense pain—grabbing you by the ear, or by the nose, and lift you, and say 'Don't cry!' It's very hard not to cry. I mean, not from emotion, but pain. The priests were the same. And I sit and watch politicians with great cynicism, total cynicism.

Some, not all, got stronger for their nightmares,

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've allways enjoyed watching him even though he was mainly before my time.

Mate, we are talking genius here. Outside of Billy Conley (SP) and Basil Fawlty I really can't think of anyone funnier.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Regardless of how you feel about his act, he had the best intro music of any comedian since or before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here