Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo - what’s going on?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I love Izquierdo. Was my POTS last season and particularly good in the second half. That goal against Stoke was sex.

A demonstrably ITK poster on here has said he’s having an op this summer, so he’s clearly not 100% and it’s bizarre that he was selected ahead of March and Knocky today.

A few wonder goals last year caught the eye, but still think he's a bit like Lua Lua - amazing 1 minute scoring the odd stunner, then goes missing for weeks on end. Personally even though he's had injuries this season I would'nt be upset if he was one we shipped out. March might not have the flair of Izzy but he works harder and is more of an asset in my view.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Favorite line on the broadcast today

"Looks like Knockaert is getting ready to replace Izquierdo"
"Has Izquierdo come on yet?"

Constant digs from lee Dixon including “do you remember last time we came here and how bad they were?” “Yes, burley away”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
A few wonder goals last year caught the eye, but still think he's a bit like Lua Lua - amazing 1 minute scoring the odd stunner, then goes missing for weeks on end. Personally even though he's had injuries this season I would'nt be upset if he was one we shipped out. March might not have the flair of Izzy but he works harder and is more of an asset in my view.

March is our best winger and they’re almost incomparable in what they’ve given the team this year. In my opinion March has been one of the very few bright sparks of 2019.

I actually felt sorry for Izquierdo. I am a fan of his and the only excuse I’ve got for him is that he’s clearly not fit to play a Premier League football match. With that in mind Hughton has to take responsibility for his team selection today, which I think he’ll realise in hindsight, with Gross on the right, a half-fit (at best) Izquierdo on the left and no March or Knockaert.

Look how we played when we had our in form players in their best positions. If we’d have played like that in the first half we’d be safe now. As it is we’re relying on the failures of another team to stay up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably hacked off that his best buddy Schelotto is out of favour.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
There were rumours for weeks, if not months, that he needed an operation. You could tell he was nowhere near 100%.

Why on EARTH we didn't push the operation through back in March/April when he clearly wasn't right, and have him fighting fit for next season, is baffling.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
There were rumours for weeks, if not months, that he needed an operation. You could tell he was nowhere near 100%.

Why on EARTH we didn't push the operation through back in March/April when he clearly wasn't right, and have him fighting fit for next season, is baffling.
Agreed, completely ridiculous. Who exactly made that decision? Adam Brett or Chris Hughton?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Said it at the time as well, so this isn't anyone being Captain Hindsight. We had plenty of other options down the left, so WHY we continued playing a half-fit and totally ineffective Izqueirdo I have absolutely no idea. He could have gone under the knife MONTHS ago, come back, got a pre-season under his belt and be ready for August. But no. Him continuing to train and play probably fvcked it up even further.

I daresay we can probably look forward to this dragging on till Christmas now.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Said it at the time as well, so this isn't anyone being Captain Hindsight. We had plenty of other options down the left, so WHY we continued playing a half-fit and totally ineffective Izqueirdo I have absolutely no idea. He could have gone under the knife MONTHS ago, come back, got a pre-season under his belt and be ready for August. But no. Him continuing to train and play probably fvcked it up even further.

We can probably look forward to this dragging on till Christmas now.

Interesting to see if he does or doesn't get a squad place in the 25....Maybe best to leave him out until Xmas to get him fit rather than waste a valuable spot?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Interesting to see if he does or doesn't get a squad place in the 25....Maybe best to leave him out until Xmas to get him fit rather than waste a valuable spot?

Will depend on how the op went and how confident they are of him recovering in time to be available I suppose. But we've not done ourselves any favours have we.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I guess it will depend on what signings we're able to bring in. If we get our targets, I suspect he'll be out of the 25. If deals fall through at the last minute (which they invariably do) and there's a space left, might as well put him in it in case he's able to play any minutes before January.

Unless, of course, the can tell that he really will be fit well before the January window.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
wont be anywhere near all guns blazing until at least 2020 so we need to bring someone in.

Should of sent him for operation long before end of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here