Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo - what’s going on?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Turned into a one trick pony and everybody has seen the trick including opponents. Maybe seeing as he is a winger he could add the trick of actually getting to the byline and putting a decent cross in thing might improve. Otherwise get rid and make half of what we spent back

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Well, I disagree in tone. I think the fact he is returning from injury and has been dire in every game since then is worth discussion.

And whilst we have been defensive and arguably negative lately, this doesn’t explain constant misplaced passes, poor positioning and appearing out of shape for the Premier League, even in the context of a poor side, he is especially poor at the moment.

Agree with you completely, i can't think of one performance this season that matches any of last season - never seen a player regress at such a rate. Hopefully he rediscovers his form soon.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Doesn’t look fit.

I've seen several posts suggesting that he is still troubled by the knee injury he seemed to suffer at last summers World Cup that has resurfaced twice ....the poster on here who has/d a sauce at the club (names the team before its officially announced), also said he is due an op at the end of the season ..personally I think it goes a long way to explaining his form or lack of

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Clearly not fit, I mean the heavy taping makes it clear he's carrying a niggle at least.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Clearly carrying an injury in my eyes. He doesn't have that burst of pace to get past the player now, that's why we don't see him attack as he knows he will be fuxked so just playing on through the season.

The tactics don't help with every player in and around our box apart from Murray, who I presume, is counting the blades of grass for 85 mins, in our half, until he is needed to hold up a ball that gets cleared to win a free kick or loses it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ezequiele Schelotto. That's what's going on. Clearly they had great fun together and, as a newbie to the uk, Izzy obviously misses his best mate. Especially following his injury.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Turned into a one trick pony and everybody has seen the trick including opponents. Maybe seeing as he is a winger he could add the trick of actually getting to the byline and putting a decent cross in thing might improve. Otherwise get rid and make half of what we spent back

He’s done that too.......

Hope they sort him out as soon as they can

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My injury theory was just guess work, but it seems to have some shared logic and basis, unless people refute?

I really hope he can push through and give us at least the same level of workrate if nothing else for these final games.

As for the other question in my OP, do you feel he is not looking physically “on it”? To me he looks a little out of shape. Being ignorant to these things, would an (alleged) injury which still allows him to play football at the highest domestic level prevent him training and maintaining a match ready physique?

Again, the question depends on whether we feel he looks physically unfit.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Why the Albion have buggered about with him in managing the injury when in reality the player is a shadow of himself I have absolutely no idea.

Should have been done at Christmas then at least he’d have been back firing on all cylinders for the run in.

This.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The manager. Put him in another side who aim to cross the halfway line and he might be alrite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's not 100% fit (or even 80%) but Knockaert is suspended and Ali J is shit so he had to start. Next..........

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Easy peasy. Not the pace we thought he had, one trick......move forward 5 paces then cut inside on to right foot. No positional sense defensively....must be a dream to play against.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not so much a 'one trick pony' as just pony.
A bit unfair really. When players come back from a a career threatening injury. They often have a fear of it happening again once they get fit again. It takes time for them to lose that fear psychology. We need do acknowledge these things and be more supportive during his recovery time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am struggling with the idea that we are playing an injured player who needs an operation. We don’t have a history of playing or rushing back injured players :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here