Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo - what’s going on?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 17, 2008
Does anyone have any insight as what has gone wrong this season?

The lad simply doesn’t look fit - mentally or physically. To me, he looks a touch overweight and his body language is languid to the point of disinterest. He really put in a shift in yesterday but was the worst player on the park without question.

My theory is his is playing injured; fully expecting stories in the summer of playing with injections and having surgery in the close season.

I hope it’s a physical reason rather than complacency. Is he one of the ‘boys’ hitting the town all the time etc?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not sure to be honest. Only CH can judge from what he sees in training. He reminds me of Lua Lua to a degree. On his day quick agile and a real nuisance capable of scoring the odd worldy, but most of the time goes missing or is unfit. Another wasted talent or is that being unfair?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’d heard he was carrying an injury and was due an op in the summer.

However there was an article in the Argus in the last week or so saying about him hoping to be included in the squad for the Copa America this summer.... so maybe he is just like everyone else and massively out of form.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Easy. We play nine at the back, any flair is kicked out of the players. Next question.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given how little he has played, hopefully he’ll get better game by game. One of his worldies against City to finish the season?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He hasn’t played for ages consistently and has been brought back into a team totally devoid of any confidence. Hard for him to come back and make an impact.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Easy. We play nine at the back, any flair is kicked out of the players. Next question.

Spot on. Dont just look at Izzy, all of our other attacking players have also forgotten how to beat their man and score. Not the players but the system that they are playing in.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
Oct 17, 2008

Well, I disagree in tone. I think the fact he is returning from injury and has been dire in every game since then is worth discussion.

And whilst we have been defensive and arguably negative lately, this doesn’t explain constant misplaced passes, poor positioning and appearing out of shape for the Premier League, even in the context of a poor side, he is especially poor at the moment.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, I disagree. I think the fact he is returning from injury and has been dire in every game since then is worth discussion.

And whilst we have been defensive and arguably negative lately, this doesn’t explain constant misplaced passes, poor positioning and appearing out of shape for the Premier League, even in the context of a poor side, he is especially poor at the moment.

Just arguably negative? :laugh: I rest my case m'lud.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
Oct 17, 2008
Just arguably negative? :laugh: I rest my case m'lud.

Well if I said “yes, we’ve been shit since Christmas” I’ll be called overly negative and judged that way. I’m trying to be balanced while making a point which isn’t positive about one of our players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well if I said “yes, we’ve been shit since Christmas” I’ll be called overly negative and judged that way. I’m trying to be balanced while making a point which isn’t positive about one of our players.

So you're too scared to say what you mean in case you get shit from the idiots. Not a good way to start a thread.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019

Your post would get more likes if you would have said: " We got him from the Belgian league, that's why he's been so bad, blame rec dep" since that's what the members point out after any of our new signings don't play up to par.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Spot on. Dont just look at Izzy, all of our other attacking players have also forgotten how to beat their man and score. Not the players but the system that they are playing in.

Bore off, do tactics or system effect our players ability to make 5 yard simple passes that we couldn’t make at home in our last few games? Give it a rest.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
Oct 17, 2008
So you're too scared to say what you mean in case you get shit from the idiots. Not a good way to start a thread.

We’re kind of derailing the thread here mate, but I just prefer to be constructive and try to be fair, while still putting my point across. It holds me in good stead generally in life ��

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Bore off, do tactics or system effect our players ability to make 5 yard simple passes that we couldn’t make at home in our last few games? Give it a rest.

You don't think that messes with their confidence? If not, you can run along yourself then :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We’re kind of derailing the thread here mate, but I just prefer to be constructive and try to be fair, while still putting my point across. It holds me in good stead generally in life ��

My original post was an honest view. We do not allow ball players to play football.

Edit: In fact I would go as far as to say if we had Messi or Ronaldo we'd drum football out of them too.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Hughton said they were only expecting 60 mins from him yesterday so clearly not fully fit. I tend to believe our source who said he needed another op. In his case I don't think it's anything to do with coaching, I just don't think he is operating at anywhere near 100%.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hughton said they were only expecting 60 mins from him yesterday so clearly not fully fit. I tend to believe our source who said he needed another op. In his case I don't think it's anything to do with coaching, I just don't think he is operating at anywhere near 100%.

This, but with Knocky suspended and Ali woeful CH didn’t have a lot of choice.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Does anyone have any insight as what has gone wrong this season?

The lad simply doesn’t look fit - mentally or physically. To me, he looks a touch overweight and his body language is languid to the point of disinterest. He really put in a shift in yesterday but was the worst player on the park without question.

My theory is his is playing injured; fully expecting stories in the summer of playing with injections and having surgery in the close season.

I hope it’s a physical reason rather than complacency. Is he one of the ‘boys’ hitting the town all the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here