Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo - what’s going on?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Does anyone have any insight as what has gone wrong this season?

The lad simply doesn’t look fit - mentally or physically. To me, he looks a touch overweight and his body language is languid to the point of disinterest. He really put in a shift in yesterday but was the worst player on the park without question.

My theory is his is playing injured; fully expecting stories in the summer of playing with injections and having surgery in the close season.

I hope it’s a physical reason rather than complacency. Is he one of the ‘boys’ hitting the town all the time

I hadn’t heard this but it was my suspicion. It does beg the question why some of the young lads aren’t being given much of a chance to break through. Maybe Hughton thinks experience will see us through? Gyokeres is on the fringe and with our wide players so out of form, it would seem like the ideal chance.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I hadn’t heard this but it was my suspicion. It does beg the question why some of the young lads aren’t being given much of a chance to break through. Maybe Hughton thinks experience will see us through? Gyokeres is on the fringe and with our wide players so out of form, it would seem like the ideal chance.

Gyokeres looked totally out of his depth when he played in the cup game, doubt CH - given how cautious he is - trusts him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I heard that he needs a knee op in the Summer- hence his pace not being quite there and him not looking right. Really not ideal especially as Ali J has looked poor all season and Knocky was a stupid boy.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If we're playing a clearly non fit player who is also out of form and has barely featured all season, it really screams 'strength and depth' in the squad. . . Which is exactly what we spunked our pocket money on last summer. And he's not even that good when he is Fit!

It could be argued wingers have been our downfall . . .a few half decent midfielders and a striker that all actually have shooting boots would likely as not have seen us safe already.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I wouldn’t say he was massively impressive before this season. Only seems to have one move and that’s to cut inside and try to curl one into top corner

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think that if the Albion players were apps on android, they'd need uninstalling then reinstalling.
Then regular updates when prompted, with bug fixes :lolol:

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
He looks dreadful and a pale shadow of last season.

Time will tell if he and the two other attackers who collectively cost £50m are worth even £15m in total in the resale market.

In summary looks like the Manager has been given a duff hand by the recruitment department. I hope I am wrong but fear I am right!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It has been posted by an ITK source on here that he’s having a knee op post season. It’s worth noting that this source has been very accurate with quite a few things so I’m inclined to believe this. Let’s hope it does the trick, as he was brilliant last season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It has been posted by an ITK source on here that he’s having a knee op post season. It’s worth noting that this source has been very accurate with quite a few things so I’m inclined to believe this. Let’s hope it does the trick, as he was brilliant last season.

Def not fit......soon after he came on (vs Saints I think) he was challenged and immediately grimaced and was holding his knee. Suspect he’s being nursed through to the end of the season because Ali J hasn’t delivered and Knocky can’t be relied upon. Reckon he played yesterday out of necessity - fair play to him, whilst clearly off the pace he still put a shift in (they all did - Solly looked absolutely ****ed after an hour but still kept going)

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
He has something similar to an injury I had - a bucket handle tear of the meniscus - whereby a flap of the cartilage has partially torn and when ‘engaged’ in its usual position presents no problem and activity at normal levels can be maintained or managed.

When the knee gets over worked or hyper extended then the tear can flap in on itself, and restricts movement and can make the knee feel unreliable or unstable limiting movement and causing swelling.

I had my entire cartilage removed and was out of action for 12 weeks including rehab - granted only to university football but still I felt no ill effects of the operation and don’t to this day.

Why the Albion have buggered about with him in managing the injury when in reality the player is a shadow of himself I have absolutely no idea.

Should have been done at Christmas then at least he’d have been back firing on all cylinders for the run in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here