Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer an ‘unavoidable mistake'...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He deserves a chance to build his own team and squad, there's a lot of dead wood there, as we have, just theirs cost ten times more!

Asides which it almost guarantees us 3 points next season ;-)

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
I agree with Simon Jordan (yes, really) - United had little choice but to appoint the Norwegian paperboy, given the results they enjoyed under his temporary stewardship, but I can't see him getting anywhere near seeing out his three-year contract...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/29/manc...take-appointing-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-9058493/

They had a choice, just because everyone says "surely he must get it now" etc..... they shouldve trusted their first instincts of Pochettino....... you never know, maybe they still might at this rate

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I disagree (surprise, surprise). I think he will make a good manager for them lot. Like Ferguson he needs time to stamp his mark. He is making all the correct off field decisions in surrounding himself with Utd stalwarts and taking his advice from Ferguson. I think, long term, he will be the correct appointment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d be loving this if they didn’t have Cardiff as their last game

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I disagree (surprise, surprise). I think he will make a good manager for them lot. Like Ferguson he needs time to stamp his mark. He is making all the correct off field decisions in surrounding himself with Utd stalwarts and taking his advice from Ferguson. I think, long term, he will be the correct appointment.

It's a really interesting one and you make a good point....Even ferguson wasn't an instant success and given what followed we often forget that.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even Ray Charles would have seen this coming

Should have waited until end of season. Bizarre that they didn't.

General rule of thumb is:-

'if I saw it coming nobody else has any excuse'.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hilarious shift in fortunes ! To ship 4 at Everton of all places ! Bye bye that Champions league spot and hello Europa League Romania on a Thursday night in October is going to be real fun.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree with Simon Jordan (yes, really) - United had little choice but to appoint the Norwegian paperboy, given the results they enjoyed under his temporary stewardship, but I can't see him getting anywhere near seeing out his three-year contract...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/29/manc...take-appointing-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-9058493/

Nonsense. He'll clearly get within 3 years of seeing out his contract. 'Tis but a blink of the eye in the context of the existence of the universe.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

We were talking about this at work last week - opinion was divided as to whether he'd go in the Summer or last into next season.

The most optimistic opinion came from someone who reckoned he might last until Christmas.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think with the top clubs, you can't settle for average. OGS is an average manager, at best.

City & Liverpool are fighting it out with absolutely no other competition, largely because of their world class managers in Guardiola & Klopp respectively.

The next best manager in the league is surely Pochettino, which is why Spurs will likely finish 3rd place.

If Man Utd are to ever return to their former glory, they need another world class manager, who are currently in short supply at the moment. OGS won't last next season.

How do you find a world class manager if you don't give them the chance? Will the world run out of decent managers when they all die off?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We were talking about this at work last week - opinion was divided as to whether he'd go in the Summer or last into next season.

The most optimistic opinion came from somewhere who reckoned he might last until Christmas.

Just for the record, I absolutely despise Man Utd. I hate everything they stand for. But surely he needs a season?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bless 'em. So keen to be rid of Mourinho's malignant take on man-management that absolutely anybody who let the players' egos run riot would have been an improvement.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just for the record, I absolutely despise Man Utd. I hate everything they stand for. But surely he needs a season?
As do I.

As we all know when it comes to football managers though, what they need and what they get are seldom the same thing.

Lest we forget, OGS was sacked by Cardiff and got this job based on the fact that he was relatively cheap and popular with the fans. That was never likely to the foundation for long term success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here