Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer an ‘unavoidable mistake'...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just look what happens when you play attacking football away from home, lose 4-0 at Everton and still don't have a shot on target.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Inclined to think there will be a lot of players leaving before he does. Just hope he has the chance to stamp his mark on the club (good or bad). Happy to see Man Utd struggle though!:clap:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Can see Cardiff easily getting at least at point on last day of season
Shut or bust for us against Newcastle
They were poor today even we may of scored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even with money, he’ll never match Guardiola.

It was a reactive appointment based on sentiment, with endless zzzzzzzzzzz references to an injury time goal in the Camp Nou in 1999.

On Sky Sports just now, impassioned comments by Evra and G.Neville. Phrases like poison in the dressing room, obsession with social media .... is that Pogba, Martial and Lingard?

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I disagree (surprise, surprise). I think he will make a good manager for them lot. Like Ferguson he needs time to stamp his mark. He is making all the correct off field decisions in surrounding himself with Utd stalwarts and taking his advice from Ferguson. I think, long term, he will be the correct appointment.

The thing is he won't get that time. Sir Alex Ferguson, as we all know was given time to build his title winning team and Man Utd did the right thing in handing David Moyes a 5 year contract. However, the second they sacked Moyes after a few months they became just like any other club who will change their manager every few years.

OGS will be gone by Christmas.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Even with money, he’ll never match Guardiola.

It was a reactive appointment based on sentiment, with endless zzzzzzzzzzz references to an injury time goal in the Camp Nou in 1999.

On Sky Sports just now, impassioned comments by Evra and G.Neville. Phrases like poison in the dressing room, obsession with social media .... is that Pogba, Martial and Lingard?

I wish I was Pogba. Average player that for some reason gets plaudits to being world class, picking up around 20 mill a year for not even being worthy of wearing Hoddle's boots. Sulky, arrogant little shit. I wish I were him.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wish I was Pogba. Average player that for some reason gets plaudits to being world class, picking up around 20 mill a year for not even being worthy of wearing Hoddle's boots. Sulky, arrogant little shit. I wish I were him.

He can be very good player when ManU are in charge, but in any adversity, he goes missing and is lazy. That’s often. A classic flat track bully.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
As soon as players started earning more than the manager, player power came into its own and those who want to create unrest in a club have the upper hand. Must be quite difficult for a club to turn things round from situations like this.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Maybe Pogba has been reincarnated as a flawed, miserable, sulky little shit as punishment for his sins in a past life (just a thought)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If Man Utd are to ever return to their former glory, they need another world class manager, who are currently in short supply at the moment.

I think that's the trouble - so few clubs are willing to give the managers the time to build something and *become* world class. Ferguson was shaky to begin with, No-one had heard of Wenger before he took over at Arsenal. And how many people had honestly heard of Klopp before he took over the bin dippers.

I'm not sure he will be one of the greats, but he does deserve time to try to form 'his' team. And they have a LOT of deadwood in their side...they basically need a whole new midfield and defence.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
And how many people had honestly heard of Klopp before he took over the bin dippers.

He'd been Dortmund manager for 7 years, winning the Bundesliga twice and getting to the final of the CL. Of course there will be those that don't pay attention to European football but he was hardly an unknown.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dunno about unavoidable, but it was DEFINITELY an avoidable mistake by the BBC to waste literally half of Football Focus t'other week interviewing OGS' and his dad's former village wrestling coach and the teacher who pretended, like they always do, to remember him fron Adam :rolleyes:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here