Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rafa Benitez

Feb 21, 2009
Should we be sounding out his agent...

I certainly would what with his unrest at Newcastle.
3 points in advance please to keep us in Prem then lead us next season!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

His ambition, as stated yesterday, was another tilt at the Champion’s League. We can file that one under “no chance” even if we could match his wage demands

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bloom keeps too tight a rein on the playing budget for us to appeal to someone like Benitez who always wants more.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
.Hasnt Ashley offered him a transfer kitty in excess of £100m to spend in the summer if he signs another contract with them.

I read it was £50m each season before player sales. Surely we could top that?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I imagine we will pluck a young manager from the lower reaches of the Dutch league.

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
Would be worth trying, even at 6m

NEVER going to happen, he’s an elite level manager, he’d never come to a club our size with our resources. Newcastle are a big club that’s badly run and underfunded, but they could be huge, he can see the potential for them to be a top six, it’s all there except cockface Ashley under investing, plus he’s adored on Tyneside, thus why he stayed when they went down.

We could offer 8 million a year, he wouldnt come.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
These threads are an embarrassment. Totally unrealistic and a total insult towards an honourable man who has done a fantastic job for our club, disgusting.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
These threads are an embarrassment. Totally unrealistic and a total insult towards an honourable man who has done a fantastic job for our club, disgusting.

And ironically another manager who sets up teams in the conservative style some are attacking Hughton for

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London

Yeah, absolutely disgusting to want to better yourself and keep moving forward. Let’s keep Hughton in charge forever because he got us promoted.

The answer, of course, is yes we should all want Benitez, but it’s never going to happen because he is at a much bigger club than us who are still a level below the level he should be managing at.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Out of curiosity how many games, home and away, have you been to this season?

I’ve been a home season ticket holder since the early 2000’s and go to away games here and there that the budget stretches too... unlike what seems a majority of our idiotic fans, I’ve grown a sense of perspective. We are going through a shit phase right now, but it’s utterly disgraceful to Hughton and everything he’s achieved for us, to talk of tapping up another manager, especially one who himself is known for negativity and manages a bigger club than us, is downright stupid, let alone disrespectful.

People think Benitez would come into this group of players we have available and do anything different to the current manager? We have a limited squad and as such pretty much any manager that comes in when you get your wish, will set us up in the same manner or see us get relegated trying to play the ‘score more than you’ Fulham style tactic. Delusional idiots.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No one gets it do they?

Clearly what’s going to happen is CH to slip away quietly into the night to be replaced by the Union St Galloise head coach who will arrive with our lord and saviour Percy Tau.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here