Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Refused At Wetherspoons

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Went to go into the local Wetherspoons at Wolverhampton yesterday and was asked for my ticket. When I finally realised he meant my football ticket I was refused admission because it was home fans only. I'm 64 years old, travelling alone, wearing no colours, and been to over 75 league grounds, this is the first time I've ever been refused. Supposedly Police orders. I went over the road to another pub with a sign home fans only, had 2 pints of Guinness, chat with wolves fans and watched City on TV, no problem. Anyone else get refused yesterday.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Went to go into the local Wetherspoons at Wolverhampton yesterday and was asked for my ticket. When I finally realised he meant my football ticket I was refused admission because it was home fans only. I'm 64 years old, travelling alone, wearing no colours, and been to over 75 league grounds, this is the first time I've ever been refused. Supposedly Police orders. I went over the road to another pub with a sign home fans only, had 2 pints of Guinness, chat with wolves fans and watched City on TV, no problem. Anyone else get refused yesterday.
Thats totally bonkers. I wonder if youd have been refused if you'd just said you werent there for the match.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing

I remember being with some other Albion fans in Stoke being asked to stick a home fans only sign up in the window as he was setting up.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Wolverhampton is pretty strict with 'home only' pubs. There's been a few isolated incidents there but it's mostly fine. It's a bit over the top.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A point toward safety and you didn’t drink in that bell-ends pub. Sounds like you had a great day all round.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should have gone to the Great Western, cracking pub

el punal

Did you refuse to remove your Dr.Martens?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am sure that most supporters are not snobs like you and want to save money wherever possible on what is already an expensive day out.

I’ve said before I have eaten and drunk in ‘spoons pubs. His beers are pretty good. Breakfasts okay...,rest of the food is shocking though.

But the owner is becoming more and more of a prick by the month; even his investors are thinking the same these days. I’m also confident you can easily find a better and similarly priced pub nearby.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’ve said before I have eaten and drunk in ‘spoons pubs. His beers are pretty good. Breakfasts okay...,rest of the food is shocking though.

But the owner is becoming more and more of a prick by the month; even his investors are thinking the same these days. I’m also confident you can easily find a better and similarly priced pub nearby.

The owner is totally anal beyond belief now about Brexit

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The owner is totally anal beyond belief now about Brexit

Elderly gent refused service in a pub to Brexit in ten easy steps. How I love NSC :lolol:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

If it was the Moon under water I was there yesterday. Just walked straight in and up to the bar. A couple of very nice pints of Oakham Citra at £2.15 each. Although it said the strength was 4.2 and I'm sure it used to be 4.4 or 4.6 so I guess the brewer is making extra profit on it's popularity.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it was the Moon under water I was there yesterday. Just walked straight in and up to the bar. A couple of very nice pints of Oakham Citra at £2.15 each. Although it said the strength was 4.2 and I'm sure it used to be 4.4 or 4.6 so I guess the brewer is making extra profit on it's popularity.

Oakham have a pub in the suburbs which we visited pre Villa two years ago. Pub was a lovely old school place, lots of wood and some stained glass. Beers were really good. The sprinkling of locals odd and didn’t like us. One couple seemed to have a constant eye on my manbag; I’m sure they would have lifted it had the opportunity arose. And when our taxis arrived one wandered outside, stood behind our car ostentatiously giving me and the female I was with the bird.

Lovely stuff and it was barely past middday.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I went to the 'Spoons at Wembly for breakfast the morning after the semi-final and was denied entry on the grounds that "You don't look like a Watford supporter sir, no breakfast here for you today I'm afraid"!!!

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
A point toward safety and you didn’t drink in that bell-ends pub. Sounds like you had a great day all round.

I know it's a bit sad but I always go to a Wetherspoons pub wherever I am. They're rather like Mcdonalds, love them or hate them, you know what you're going to get. Price doesn't come into it up north, only cost £3.50 for Guinness over the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here